Tip - Reversing in the dark!

Somewhere on this forum I saw a question about reversing in the dark, cant find it now but it’s not that important!

However, one night this week I happened to be parked up at an RDC where the bays were in total darkness and even with good reversing lights (rare!) it would have been a tough job to get a trailer in the right place with several attempts…
Artic comes trundling down the yard looking for his bay, stops, driver leaps out of cab carrying 2 of those flashing amber lights that sit on top of cones in the roadworks (Probably nicked!) and he places one where the r’send of his trailer needs to be and the other for the front. With these in place he can see exactly where to put the trailer and gets it right first time :smiley:
I reckon its a first rate idea and will be aquiring a couple of flashers very soon. :open_mouth:

You could try putting the fog lights on and if they have removable covers take `em off,if not just put on every light you have got.

And dont run over your nicked amber lamps :stuck_out_tongue:

On a motorbike its called target fixation. look at something and you will hit it :confused:

Sounds like a decent idea though till you get used to it.

I used to do something similar with laying my gloves on the floor, while reversing a tank up to a powder silo. They dont like you hitting the delivery pipes you know :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon its a first rate idea and will be aquiring a couple of flashers very soon

and don’t forget the lights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s not a bad idea, now where did I put those bloody distress flares. Having said that, I might just put my hazards on :sunglasses: :wink: .