Reverse gear with cab on the path

Does it only ever happen to me or is this a common problem? Backing into a bit of a tight pick up today and thought I’ll take a shunt and use the path. Got the cab with two wheels up the kerb and two on the road and found I couldn’t select reverse :angry: :angry: :angry: . I thought about it for five munites and let the traffic start to back up when another driver wandered over and offered his kind help. Apparently this is a known problem on the F10’s (although I’ve never had it in the year I’ve been driving it). We ended up by getting four blokes hanging on the passenger side to get the unit level and I eventually managed to get it in. Not had a problem before so the unit’s definatley been defected and will not be going out tomorrow unless the problem’s rectified. Has anyone else heard of this problem? The fitters are bound to say driver error if they can’t find anything.

Thanks

Ian.

TheBigOne:
Apparently this is a known problem on the F10’s (although I’ve never had it in the year I’ve been driving it). We ended up by getting four blokes hanging on the passenger side to get the unit level and I eventually managed to get it in.

Ian.

I was 10 minutes once rocking the cab on my old F10 - just after having a replacement gearbox !! - it’s a linkage adjustment thing :wink: