Cat C training in 2 weeks (first post on the forum)

Hi,

Just thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Mark and I’m 21 from Derby. Have got my Cat C training booked in 2 weeks time and looking forward to it but also nervous as I failed my C1 test the first time. Currently van driving as I got caught in the “no experience, no job” situation so haven’t drove a truck since my C1 training last September.

I have also done Pass Plus and the IAM course and qualified as a Senior Observer with the IAM so I guess you could say I enjoy driving. :laughing:

Any tips, info and advice is very much appreciated.

Mark.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Mark28 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

Mark28:
Any tips, info and advice is very much appreciated.

Hmmm… lets see…

Mark28:
qualified as a Senior Observer with the IAM

Cannot help you with general driving -see my signature :wink: - at age 21 that is BRILLIANT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mark28:
I failed my C1 test the first time

so I will assume that means you passed it second time and as that is the same course as C then I cannot see how to help you on that EXCEPT for the gearbox - click the link in my signature - big post on gearboxes (with pics) :smiley:

C1 training last September.

I am going to assume you did C1 because at that time you were not old enough to go for C but the age for C is going down to 18 on Sept 10 this year - do you wish you had waited :question:

What LGV training school are you using for C :question:

Good luck mate… I went to uni in Derby for 4 years!!! Still going to be a wagon driver though LOL

Welcome. Good luck with the C :slight_smile:

Mark28:
Currently van driving

Mark28:
qualified as a Senior Observer with the IAM

Many might see them as a contradiction :wink: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sending you a PM (Private Message -top of page)

Cannot help you with general driving -see my signature :wink: - at age 21 that is BRILLIANT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have read through your post and was very useful, especially the gearbox section. The pictures definately help explain how to operate them.

so I will assume that means you passed it second time

Correct, was 2nd time lucky for me.

I am going to assume you did C1 because at that time you were not old enough to go for C but the age for C is going down to 18 on Sept 10 this year - do you wish you had waited :question:

Correct again, idea was to get experience then go for my C at 21-22 maybe even 23 but it just didnt work out :frowning:

What LGV training school are you using for C :question:

Going up to Manchester with www.elgv.com , cheaper than a local one and have a friend on a car forum that did her C1 with them and she recommended them and said she would definately go back to them for any more training.

Good luck mate… I went to uni in Derby for 4 years!!! Still going to be a wagon driver though LOL

Thanks. What was your degree in?

Welcome. Good luck with the C :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Many might see them as a contradiction :wink: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sending you a PM (Private Message -top of page)

:laughing: was better than being unemployed, hate getting in the van as it’s a waste of my skills. :laughing:

Thanks for the PM, I’ll let you know if I need any help etc.

ps. Is there anyway to “multi-quote” on the forum? like you can on vbulletin based forums?

Mark28:
ps. Is there anyway to “multi-quote” on the forum? like you can on vbulletin based forums?

YES - whilst writing the text in the reply pane you will notice that previous posts are in the pane below.
You can scroll through those previous posts and to take a piece from one of those posts, highlight the text that you want in that post and then click the quote that belongs to that particular post.
That quote will appear in the top pane where you are texting at the point where you last left the cursor.
It will credit the text you quoted to the author of it.
This can be repeated as many times as you want from various posts in the lower pane.

I hope that made sense and is the answer you wanted.

ROG:

Mark28:

YES - whilst writing the text in the reply pane you will notice that previous posts are in the pane below.
You can scroll through those previous posts and to take a piece from one of those posts, highlight the text that you want in that post and then click the quote that belongs to that particular post.
That quote will appear in the top pane where you are texting at the point where you last left the cursor.
This can be repeated as many times as you want from various posts in the lower pane.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go next time.

ROG:

Mark28:

I never knew that myself :blush: