OPPORTUNITY! for Newbies

I was discussing the problems of newly qualified drivers gaining exprerience with a trucker friend of ours who makes regular trips to Gibraltar.
The outcome of the chat was that he is willing to take a newly qualified trucker with him on a trip now and again to give the newbie experience of trucking abroad.
The newbie would not be employed just simply riding shotgun for the experience although the possibility of an hour or two at the wheel would not be out of the question.
He runs out of Lincolnshire and of course the newbie would have to make his own way to the yard and home again. If anybody is interested in this then pm me and I will pass on the details to our friend.

pm sent

I would have jumped at this a few years ago, very good of you to put up something positive for the newbies.

Is it class 1 or 2?

Artic

PM sent mothertrucker.

Since I posted the original post about the trip to Gibralter I have had LOADS of questions PM’d to me so please note:-
All I need is your name and a contact telephone number and I pass these on to our friend.
That is my bit done. He will contact you when he next gets a trip out and I have no idea when or how often he goes. What route he takes and how long the trip takes. I believe it varies.
When he get in touch with you he will be able to answer all questions and tell you exactly what the score is.

Also it is Artic work and the offer is for newly qualified Class 1 (C+E) drivers only to give them a taste of over the water trucking…
Hope this clarifies everything.

What a great offer! I spent 4 years trucking to the Romanian orphanages and used to take newbies. Not only did they get a lot of very interesting experience, they were a great help to me, sharing driving and good company. More owner drivers could gain a lot by offering this sort of thing and helping the newbies. Long may it continue!

STEVE RHODES 07515544133 cheers

Quick update.
There are now 15 on the waiting list for this so anybody wanting to put their name on the list may have a long wait.
He only does one trip a month - or less - so this year looks pretty booked out!

ahhh just passed class 1 …gutted :cry: