TruckNet 1st?

Just to satisfy my curiousity :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

and also it may help with marketing this site :smiley:

How many users of this forum came to TruckNet UK when considering taking their LGV tests… and have now passed either Class2 or 1 and are now gainfully employed as professional drivers■■?

I first found this site about a year ago, when I was waiting to take my training and test for my class 2, which I passed on the 11th Feb. I havent done any driving since, using my class2, but I have just fouind out that I am doing my class1 training on the 9th, 12th, 13 and 14th Jan with my test on the 15th Jan, 2004.

I have used this site a lot lately to ask questions and seek advice, etc, and I personally have found this site to be an absolute God send.
The amount of information, and the wealth of experience in all the drivers that use this site, that they pass on to us newbies is fantastic, and all I can say, on behalf of all us newbies is a Very big THANK YOU!! to everybody…

I came here in may as chrisg, and the PDA as “gurner” (i changed over to gurner when the new board went live here aswell)
I came as a TV engineer (im 27) passed class 2 in may, then while waiting for class 1 dates was driving agency work one day a week whilst still working as an engineer, then when i passed class 1 in august, i was again one day a week man, until i left my tv repairman job on september the 12th, started work full time for hanbury davies pulling containers from southampton, that didnt work out with family life as i have a one year old and her indoors, and hanbury was out all week, so that lasted 2 weeks then jacked it, started on the agency at the beginning of october and am currenty working nights from woolworths DC in swindon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

And the best bit is that i love the job! it was a big decision leaving behind my engineering days as ive done that since i left school, apprenticeship first then qualified for the last 7 or so years.
And im hoping and keeping everything crossed that i will get the green light later this week for a job on the milk tankers :slight_smile:

I found the site last October after being made redundant.

I had loads of questions and got plenty of helpful advice and have
since passed Cat C, Cat C+E, ADR and Hiab. Been working full time
for the last 7 months driving Cat C+E.

Wayne.

Rikki, I was down putting the motor through the mot today and watched with some interest how well some of the lads were doing on there first day of trianing for the class 2( brought me back 14 months, poor sods) and i happened to mention the site to them!! If they join or not is another thing but if anyone is new here and was in Boucher training center today im the bemused looking fella you were talking to about the site(you know who you are in the Kinniard training and TTS Daf 55s and 65s!!

regards

kev

PS the motor passed with out a problem(it was the fathers clio).