Certificate of Proffesional Competence

:question: Can anyone out there help me. If I am succesful on the 5 december in obtaining my class 1 (touch lots of wood cross lots of fingers). I was thinking of studying for my CPC. Does anyone have any views if it would be worth doing

Hi Mike. CPC’s are usefull, you learn a lot about HGV operation & regulations in doing them. But thier usefullness depends on what you want to do/become.
Things such as HIAB, Fork Lift & ADR could prove of more use, but all depends on what you do/become.
Good luck with the Class 1.

Thanks a lot for that I will be doing my ADR in the near future, then my forklift. Sorry but what is HIAB

Lorry mounted crane

You need a CPC if you wish to operate your own goods vehicle or if you take responsibility for the operation of goods vehicles- ie as a transport manager.

You do not need one as an employee. Without doubt, it is worth doing as you will learn an enormous amount about the industry.

It is for you to decide. It largely depends on where you see your future in the industry.

Vince

Just finished doing my CPC upgrade from National to International via Learn Direct on line - great way of doing it

i did both a few years ago, a lot of work but worth it, Ive said this before on the old forum, do the national before the international as the international relies heavily on the knowledge gained doing the national. that said like others on here I did the national as a home study which is fine if you gotta lot of waiting time on your hands at drops coz theres a lot to read & digest, it depends on your learning ability how you do it home study or intensive course ( 8 days of pure hell as someone described it). Ive met peeps who have tried to do both CPCs in a fortnight, not recomended, Id suggest 6 -9 months work as a home study(for each 1)

Thanks peirre and the biker perhaps you can shed some light on the following. I have had a quick look on the web it appears that Learn direct quote £250 while others are Quoting double that. Can anyone help :question:

Hi Mike.

When I did mine which was a few years ago now I bought a self study course from Friendberry (You’ll find them in all the mags) They are very very good.

Then when I was ready I went to my local college and took the exam as an external candidate.

Even at todays prices it wouldn’t cost you anything like £250.

I Agree with Vince. Even if you don’t use your CPC you’ll learn A great deal about the industry by doing the course.

Cheers Ken

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

try this link.
ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/docro … PRODUKTION

after all they are the peeps who run it.

how you do it and who you do it with is entirely up to you