New trucker -(hopefully)

Hi all,
I am at present a gardener who struggles through the dark winter months with very little income,so have decided to get my lgv license and become a trucker. I have always been keen on trucks and used to go on nights out with my dad when i was lad.Since i passed my car test i have had a number of driving jobs in vans and a few years ago i got a job delivering furniture in a cargo 7.5 tonner and loved it except for the crap money i was paid.I then started my own business doing gardening but after the winter of having nearly no income i have decided to go for my lgv,one thing that worried me was the medical as ten years ago i had laser treatment on my eyes to correct short sightedness but a visit to the docs recently assured me i would pass so i had the medical last thursday and i am now sending off for my provisional lgv and cant wait to start my lessons.I will post back and let you lot know how i get on!!! Any advice on learning and driving would be appreciated.

Cheers for now,
Scantheman. :slight_smile:

Well done mate, my advice would be, once you have your class c licence (rigid) if you have the money, go straight in and do your class c+e (artic)
If you have a class one licence, you will have more work offers than just rigid.
All the best and keep us up to date on how you get on …

Welcome to TrucknetUK, scantheman. What can we say? Seems like a good idea to me :smiley: , but then I’m a trucker :open_mouth: so what else would I say :sunglasses: ?

Gurner is right, do the class 1 as soon as you can after class 2. You will be in learning mode and won’t have picked up bad habits to unlearn. If you have class 1, there are many more opportunities open to you You can still restrict yourself to class 2 work if you prefer it that way, holding the class 1 in reserve for if class 2 work dries up.

There are plenty of threads full of advise to people in your position, just browse away. Ask any questions you like once you’ve done that, someone will know the answer.

All the best.

Good luck.
Don’t forget, how ever silly you may feel the question is you are not the only one who does not know the answer, so there is no such thing as a silly question.