STGO

Hi!

Can somebody tell me what “STGO” stands for? I have seen it on many heavy transports, but I can´t find any information regarding it´s meaning…

Many thanks!

Homer

Homer:
Hi!

Can somebody tell me what “STGO” stands for? I have seen it on many heavy transports, but I can´t find any information regarding it´s meaning…

Many thanks!

Homer

Special Types General Order

This question has been asked before…HERE
hope this helps :smiley:

In my experience, the 3 types of STGO mean the following (according to the transport manager )

Cat 1 - Just deliver it - it doesn’t look heavy.

Cat 2 - Keep away from town centers, thats a big machine.

Cat 3 - Wait for a police ■■■■■■ - we’ll never get away with this !.

All of the above should have a Movement Order, notifiable to the authorities a couple of days in advance of the intended route.

Things don’t happen this way though,if the customer wants his machine delivered at short notice and the money is there, it gets done.

Glad to say I’m not in heavy haulage now,but a few times over the years,I have had to pull the mirrors in,close my eyes, breathe in and hope for the best !! :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

p.s. it was meant to be a humorous reply, but it’s true!

Niall, never done Heavy Haulage, but why for some reason does none of that suprise me :cry?

nice one niall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . my dad used to work for hills heavy haulage, he started with an f86 (the bubble!) pulling ridiculous sized loads :laughing: . then went on to a scammell crusader 6#4 with twin stacks… sounded brilliant to me (a teenager at the time) but was probably a right git to drive. think it had something like a 320 rolls in? maybe wrong. and we moan now about 420 air conditioned high roof premiums on general haulage :unamused:

JONBOY@RH:
nice one niall :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . my dad used to work for hills heavy haulage, he started with an f86 (the bubble!) pulling ridiculous sized loads :lol: . then went on to a scammell crusader 6#4 with twin stacks… sounded brilliant to me (a teenager at the time) but was probably a right git to drive. think it had something like a 320 rolls in? maybe wrong. and we moan now about 420 air conditioned high roof premiums on general haulage :roll:

:? :? :? :? whats wrong with 420 premiums forgive my ignorance?

i dont think there`s anything wrong with them ian, i drove them on rh all over europe for weeks at a time… but if you check through the past posts you will find several drivers on here moaning about them. robk aka “primo” is called that for a reason lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ian bentley:
whats wrong with 420 premiums forgive my ignorance?

They’re a bag of nails and need rounding up and giving to Jeremy Clarkson off Top Gear so that he can do to them what he did to caravans and also that Toyota pick-up :smiling_imp: .

i get the jist rob easy tiger!!!

I always found the top 'hammock ’ to be useful in the early Premium, for extra storage.

Is it true that if you keep your foot on the clutch for too long the engine cuts out ?

One of the drivers at ACC told me this a few years ago, but always knocking the motor into neutral at lights I never found out.

Niall.

p.s. cheers Big One and Jonboy !

yes on the earlier models i.e the 385 and 400, if you kept the clutch in at lights it took the throttle pedal off you and dropped it to the floor! not big and not clever when your facing uphill with 44ton on :open_mouth: dont worry about rob ian, he talks about premiums all the time, i think he may be a renault salesman :wink:

Niall, you forgot CAT 2.5 … under the cover of darkness. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Normally used when the TM has forgotten to organise the movement orders.

Talking to a TM at a heavy haulage company a few years back he was showing me his map with all the bridge heights marked on & the dtours to take to avoid the 16’. 6’’ on the motorways.
He also told me about one conversationb with Old Bill where he needed an ■■■■■■ for a load which was just over the 100 ton limit. Old Bill moaned about being busy & suggested he did the same as “everyone else” & run it as 99 tons.
Another heavy haulage TM moaned that getting drivers was far easier than getting drivers who could drive.