The 'ROG' thread

I know this is not exactly the right forum for this but as most on here have contact with training schools, I think you will see why I put it here.

I’ve been ‘stitched up’ at work - will not go into details as there is an appeal pending with the possibility of ACAS being involved but the jist is that I have been ‘sacked for gross misconduct’ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: which means that none of my unemployment insurances (or the dole for 6 weeks) will pay out :cry: :cry: :cry:

I deperately need a LGV instructor job within about 45 min commute of Leicester so if anyone got any info please let me know.
My back problem prevents me from doing a ‘normal’ LGV driving job and I have no experience in other fields

Thanks

EDIT - the ‘gross misconduct’ was concerning a vehicle and has nothing to do with any person.

Sorry to hear that mate hope you get sorted soon :wink:

I’m sorry to hear that ROG, good luck with the appeal and the job search.

That’s ■■■■ ROG

I’m sure many of us would agree that you are an excellent asset to this forum, doling out free advice. It would suggest to me that you are a good instructor worthy of a job and hopefully you’ll soon be sorted.

I’ve had experience of being stitched up in a similar manner and it’s not very nice.

All the best.

We could do with one in the very near future Rog but we are a bit of a trudge away from your home.
Sorry to hear about your probs and will phone you soon.

thats shocking! :open_mouth:
good luck with getting to the bottom of it or getting a new job.
you could always start charging on here ha ha, you’d make a fortune!

hi rog,

sorry to hear your news, pretty bad considering all the people on here that you’ve helped to get jobs and now you’ve got to look for one yourself. :frowning:

Sometimes these things have a habit of working out for the best, although it doesn’t feel like it at the time, you’ll find a job where you are appreciated more.

what about setting up on your own, maybe you could get a corner of someones transport yard and train the drivers at a discount or something. Just a thought.

I am sure you would get plenty of work from here and the people on the forum?

all the best, hope it works out ok for you.

kiw

:frowning: sorry to hear that you got shafted by your previous employer ROG. you are a true asset to the forums and all the newbies on here. Ive certainly benefitted from yor help and advice.

I hope you find somewhere better to work as an instructor, and within 45 mins commute of leicester.

I know it may sound stupid, but have you popped into some agencies? i know you said about your back, they should take that into consideration when trying to find you work to do.

GL anyway ROG and dont give up :slight_smile:

Vacancy in Northampton

LGV C+E (CLASS 1) DRIVING INSTRUCTOR

Company Qualitas / Sterling

Good luck Rog looking for a new job especially after all the help and advise you give on this forum. As other people have said very often something good comes out of these situations.

Thanks for all the replies so far folks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - my blood pressure is just about returning to normal and I think I have spit out most of the feathers :exclamation:

Grim news ROG :frowning:

There seem to be lots of LGV Training Trucks knocking about Northampton and it’s not that far down the M1. Try the likes of Sterling, Coates, LGV Trainers etc, they all have bases in Northampton. Other Trucks with L Plates in Northampton I have spotted are Asda, Morrisons, Eddie Stobart and earlier this week a well known firm, the name escapes me but they have a contract with RPC in Oakham and have dark blue trucks with red and white detailing.

Best of luck with the search :slight_smile:

ROG:

• the ‘gross misconduct’ was concerning a vehicle…

Ahhh, that explains this then.:grimacing:

I only photoshopped it a little bit. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: I couldn’t resist that one. :laughing: :sunglasses:

But seriously, I hope it gets sorted quickly, because a stitch-up simply isn’t cricket.

I hope it backfires on whoever started it. :smiling_imp:

Shhhh … don’t tell the tax man about my other job :wink:

My demo drive did not go to plan :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BigJon:
:frowning: sorry to hear that you got shafted by your previous employer ROG. you are a true asset to the forums and all the newbies on here. Ive certainly benefitted from yor help and advice

hear hear :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the stitch-up Rog and hope you find something suitable soon.

Sorry to hear that, good luck with the job search.

Sorry to hear this ROG,I was in a similar situation years ago when driving trains for a certain Mr Branson,I know its easier said than done,but dont let it get you down,I ended up with a better Job closer to home,took a while but it worked out,
Good Luck!
Simon :smiley:

Sorry to hear this Rog - hope it all works out for you.

Rog, that ■■■■■ m8, I’m sure you’ll get fixed up with another job, with a brain and wit like yours you’ll be in great demand I’m sure
Paul