OOOps!!!!!!!

I recently go a job with a major building supplier, not the most prolific of jobs, but a job none the less with lots of overtime if you wanted. The company put me through the hiab and forklift tests and I was on my way. I had to go on another course and the other guys loaded the lorry for my early morning run, all was going well until the last drop.

Having found the house, down the narrowest of lanes, I jumped out of the truck and went over to the builder, he told me he had waited 5 weeks for this special type of septic tank. As I undid the ratchet strap the septic tank dissapeared of the other side of the lorry and hit the ground with an almighty crash.

Needless to say the builder wasnt to impressed, I got a bit of stick from the other drivers, but the boys in the yard said not to worry as the are as fragile as hell and a lot get damaged.

But the morale of the story is as ive found out;

EVEN IF SOMEONE HAS LOADED AND STRAPPED YOUR LOAD, CHECK IT YOURSELF

Cost of the tank £400. OOOOpps!

:laughing: :laughing:

Yep, safety first and all that.

Lucky it was empty :laughing:

john o:
Lucky it was empty :laughing:

could have been right in the merd!!
chris (hope french is ok mrs mix :wink: )

My brother worked for a builder merchants and tipped 4 tonnes of sand in the wrong driveway, which was of a surprise for the owner of the house when he returned from work. :smiley: