Where are they now????

I was wondering how many users here came too TruckNet UK while thinking about getting a licence. and stayed with us and are now working driving HGV’s…

So where are you all now■■? :smiley:

Me - after much struggling I got my class one and have been driving it 15 months. I’ve just left the employment of a firm and have gone to agency work and am enjoying myself once again. I must say trucknet has and will continue to help me immensly.

Ian.

What happened to Popeye :question: :question:

Does he still meet the Hill Monster :question:

I am still here, joined at the end of 2002 before I had started training. Now on general haulage.

Wayne.

i passed class two in mid january, thanks to alot of help from guys on here, and thank them for all there help over my week of intense training.

i have since moved away from the driving side, as i was offered a very good wage packet and deal, with a truck rental company( no advertising here!) as an operations manager, sorting out a fleet of around 70 trailers ranging from skeles, reefers, boxes, stepframes, curtains, tallboys etc, and around 45 tractors, mainly Volvo FH12’s globeys, but also some daf’s, Mercs and scannies, sorting there six weekly services(and 16 weekly for the trailers), as well as a fleet of 20 or so rigids, and moving them around between customers as required.
got some big companies i work with, who i see their drivers on here, but as yet, not seen a bad word against rental trucks !!! (wait for it all to start now!!)

i do get to drive still, occasionally taking an 18tonner up to service at Stansted Merc, or Scania, but spend most of my time on the phone trying to get companies to cough up for damage to my lorries!!!

and i still get on here as often as i can, and keep up with the haulage industry, as well as looking in at the fun and games that you guys get up to!

Hi Rikki,

I joined last year after deciding to leave the retail sector after 25 yrs service
last August and thought about taking my class 2 & 1.

I passed class 1 last november & decided to take xmas off for the first time in 25 yrs and then contacted a local company with a speculative letter in Feb
and i’ve been with them ever since and love every minuite of it although the hours can be long at least I get paid for them unlike being on a salary.

I’ve been to different places nearly every day and the only dislike I have is the directions you often get :open_mouth: and everyone seems to know a better route :blush: but I guess
this will all fall into place with more experience.

Stuart :smiley:

I’m back here after a long time away,been browsing for a couple of days,computer went crash bang way back in November and i’ve just got a new one.
I passed class two 7th May 2003 so nearly a year of me on the road!
I was lucky enough to land a job the same week and am still with that firm,I don’t drive every day now though :frowning: they wanted my “skills” in the transport office too, it’s ok but if I don’t get out often I feel stir crazy :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
By the way was at the fest today and i’m nearly dry now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m back also!!!
Now why did I leave? :confused: :wink:

Andy

Hi Rikki,

dunno if i qualify or not, i joined up a couple of weeks ago, a week before my class 2 test, i only passed that with some ■■■■ good advice from the guys and gals on here. i am going straight in for my class 1 and i have no doubts i will get the same suport and encouragement from the guys and girls again. i am going to do a daily diary on here when i do my class 1 so i can let you all know how many times i had to change my underpants while out on my lessons and my test :blush: :blush: , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: