Made my mind up

benson 24:
i have decieded to take the gamble off being a lgv driver in this wonderfull country off ours but which is the best way forward to get started.
iam 24 getting married this year i was thinking may be work in the warehouse off a big firm or little firm and see where that goes, iam open to any suggestions not bothered about wages at the moment and hours as i iam going no where working 70 hrs plus in the railway industry in the last 3 weeks i have not eaten a hot meal at home as my shifts have been 12 pm to 8pm so whAT life is that for a young man. thank you for your help wayne

Not wishing to put a downer on your ideas, but you could be working 70+ hours and away from home all week driving (just ask some of the guys and girls on here). However there are some jobs which are reasonable start and finish times but with a lot of hassle inbetween, one of which I’ve just left (on very amicable terms) and am currently looking for work myself. Maybe the best way foreward would be to get your forklift licence(s), work as you suggest in a warehouse, but make sure they have their own fleet of HGV’s to deliver their own produce and a training scheme that they’ll happily put drivers through. You may have to sign a contract for two or three years, but if the firm’s ok, then it’s a sight cheaper than paying for it yourself.

Cheers

Ian.