Its good to be back behind the wheel!

I dont know how many of you heard about my incident when i was told to go in my last job but today was the first time in 2 weeks i have driven a HGV since i left my last job and i can honestly say it was brill!!

I was supposed to start a new job but my last employer decided in their wisdom to give me the reference from hell, and i didnt get it.

Got a call from the agency yesterday and did a run down to Lemington Spa and the back to Nottingham today and it felt so good to be back behind the wheel :smiley:

Got another job interview tommorow so wish me luck!

Ben

Good luck Ben hope it all goes well for ya :slight_smile:

Hey Ben.

If you have got a bad reference what isnt true then I should be looking at some legal advice or at least citizens advice.

You can only give a true reference or refuse to give one, not a false one.

If you cant get up in a morning they can say you are a bad timekeper but If you didnt have any written warnings or verbals they cant put something in a reference like that.

I would be looking at some bad publicity for Nigel

Good luck with the job, Ben.

Also, it would be at least worth looking at doing what wheelNut suggests. A bad untrue reference is Libel I think, or at least defemation of character.

:smiley: well i got the job! got a months trial to see if i like it and they like me, 4 maybe 5 nights out a week, going all over the country, seem like a nice bunch of lads, start Tuesday morning!!

Ben :smiley:

Well done. I hope it works out for you.

Oh well done Ben… Good luck for Tuesday mate… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well just got back, ended up going out Tues pm and i rolled back in the yard 2hrs ago!! Did 2 nights out, thats a first, went to Birmingham and then onto Crewe, stopped at Hilton services on the M6, thats an experience i can tell u!!

It seems like a good job, theres no pressure to be places and they are not on the fone every 2 mins checking where you are, got a run to Birmingham and Donny tommorow and then home for the weekend!

Looks like next week im gonna be away all week, cant wait!!

Sounds like your having a great time Ben, keepup the good work mate, and keep us posted as to how your getting on…
Keep it up mate!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well done Ben.

There are much better places to park than MWSA’s tho’. Check the parking forum [u]HERE[/u], for quite a few good suggestions and other sources. The back pages of all the truck mags and papers have plenty of suggestions as well.

Good for you m8,good to see peps happy at work :sunglasses:

Just got back from work, i ran out of Hull Friday @ 8am with two drops, one for Burntwood in the West Midlands and another in Winsford Cheshire.

Got the 1st one off no probs and set off for Winsford @ 2pm, I had to be tipped by 4pm so i thought there wouldnt be any probs getting there. Get on the M6 and off at J18, and hit a traffic jam, got through that and then tipped, by the time everything was off it was 4pm!! Rang up the office and asked them wat they wanted me to do and they told me to head back, got back on the M6 and thats when the fun started, i was sat in a Q for 2 hrs, i realised i wasnt gonna make it back so i rang them up again, asked their advice, they told me to get as far back as i could legally and then park up and run back in the morning!! no tellings off or anything!!

Got back in the yard and they told me my run for next week, Monday im in the Midlands and then im heading up to Scotland!!

sounds like you have landed on your feet :sunglasses:
nice one and good luck
chris