****help needed theory test info wanted please look in****

well i have my theory bookeed ( said on the phone at least a fortnight but they have rang me today and got me a test friday as i stupidly put cancelations in the box ). so im lookin for somewhere i can the beg borrow buy the software in a hurry. if i could download even better failing that then any useful websites and any tips you guys have would go down a storm. but i am in dyer need i am based in london so if you know where i can go and get the software localy then please let me know or if any of you guys are in london i could come and collect it from you if you are not usin your copy thanks in advance for your help guys

jay : :

please email me at
bargintraderuk@yahoo.co.uk

I got mine in Halfords, or WHSmiths sell it.

ive looked on both there websites and theres no sign of it im lookin for the cd rom thanks anyway jay

dsa.gov.uk/mockpaper/theoryintro.htm

Any good to you?

Vince

thanks vince ive had a look and its quite good but im after the cd rom any ideas im gettin desparate ill collect anywhere in the m25 thanks guys

I think halfords do stock this, they don’t show everything they sell on their website (its a poor site). I think you should call in to the nearest store. Another possibilty is your local library. Finally you could contact the school that you plan to train with, I bet they would have a copy you could borrow or buy. Hope this helps and good luck.

Just checked the PC World website and they have various software to help you starting at around £10. You should have a store near you. Thanks.

could you mail me the link on pc world i looked and searched for lgv and nothing so please let ,me know thanks jd cheers jay

Search for DRIVING TEST or put in the following product code in 914352 and press search.

Thanks

im gettin the hazard awareness tommrow i am realy lookin for the lgv theory cd rom thanks for the help as i say guys im getting desprate now thanks jay

For help on the Hazard Perception go to this site and search for a thread entitled Focus Multimeadia HPT and Theory CD Rom. It’s actually spelt wrong, so cut and paste it. It was started 23 Jun 2003

Best of luck.

fatjay_uk:
im gettin the hazard awareness tommrow i am realy lookin for the lgv theory cd rom thanks for the help as i say guys im getting desprate now thanks jay

Jay, I think that if you really want to be a trucker, then you are just going to have to knuckle down and drive to Halfords to buy one.

I`m sure there must be one near you somewhere.

Vince

One of the attractions of being a trucker, one of its problems as well, is dealing with problems and solving them on your own. Normally there is no-one around to ask anyway. :laughing:

you can get theory test cd rom from this link

theorytest.co.uk/pubshopproducts.asp

Just a question & not a dig at anyone.
I have seen several threads on here by people only looking for the CD ROM only. Is the CD better than the book, Or is it a case of CD Roms being perceived as being superior to books ?.

ello alan :laughing: ,

i dunno really…i bought the book first and learnt that, then i bought the cd rom. the cd rom displays on your pc exactly how it does in the theory test centre, so when you go in there you are completly comfertable with it.

also there is a dvd which you can play on a pc if you have a dvd drive called roadsense, that lets you practice the hazzard perception bit. i found them really helpful…hence i passed with 35 outta 35 on theory and 65 outta 75 on hazzaed perception. :laughing:

Thanks margate.
I guess if its like the test centre test then that probably explains it, also my wife pointed out, BUT ONLY AFTER I HAD ASKED HERE, that it means its easier than asking someone to ask you the question, & it stops you having to keep looking in the back of the book.
So I guess it is superior to the book. Thanks.

lol nw alan :laughing: :laughing:

n-e-learning.com/nel/product … d=lgv&c=uk

2003 edition cd-rom

not official one though but good, i have both.

If you have made an effort to be a safe and careful driver,you will pass you theory test no problems.
I would recomend doing the on line tests on the DVLA site and the latest vertion of the theory test book.
I havent been around much of late cos I got a nice new bike,I hope you pass m8 :wink: