using tacho

Hello everyone
Will be driving a truck for the first time next week and have been watching videos on youtube about doing a manual entry, question is do you put card in before or after doing checks. If i put card in first then tacho asks me if i want to do a manual entry do i say no then do checks and then get in truck and do a manual entry, or say yes and put the time i clocked in.

The tacho must record all the time you are at work so if you start at 0600 and put tacho in at 0615 then a manual entry must be done for that first 15 mins
Same the next day for the end time - if you remove tacho at 1600 and then finish at 1620 then those 20 mins at the end of that shift must be manually entered at the start of the next shift

If you have been into office to collect keys, receive instructions etc, then that is when your day starts. That time should be accounted for somewhere. Normally by a manual entry when card is inserted.
If you had the keys already in your pocket, or were on a night out asleep in the cab, then probably no manual entry is necessary.
Yard work, receiving or waiting for instructions in the office, vehicle checks, all count as work and should be shown. Beware being told to start at 07hr00, and having no vehicle until 09hr00 , yhos doesn’t mean you start at 09hr00. Account for all time doing your duties.

So if i clock in then do my walkaround checks, then put card in and put in my clocking in time that will be ok, and will this time be on the printout if i do one.
Cheers.

kendo4:
So if i clock in then do my walkaround checks, then put card in and put in my clocking in time that will be ok, and will this time be on the printout if i do one.
Cheers.

Yes
It may also ask you to enter the finish time from your last shift

Thanks alot.

kendo4:
So if i clock in then do my walkaround checks, then put card in
Cheers.

Put your card in first, then do your walkaround

Card goes in, manual entry, anytime between shift start and driving off.
My day…get to the yard at 07:30 for an 08:00 shift start.
Coffee, doughnuts, have the craic with the lads.
Once the time is past 08:00 get in wagon and put card in.
Manual entry to reflect last nights finish time, rest period until 08 this morning, other work until now, then just get on with the day.