I was a ltd company

I have to join a umbrella company I’m so confused which is best fees etc
Thank you in advance please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david2867:
I have to join a umbrella company I’m so confused which is best fees etc
Thank you in advance please

Both are no no’s with HMRC as in an umbrella company you’re still self employed and responsible for own tax and NI

New pastures

Why do you HAVE to join one :question:

ROG:

Ltd company not allowed from 6 April due to ir35 rules

david2867:

ROG:

Ltd company not allowed from 6 April due to ir35 rules

What is wrong with PAYE :question:

I source my services out to haulage companies

david2867:

Got it :smiley:

david2867:

You are a disguised employee.

As far as hmrc are concerned, the game is up.

You might get away with it for a few years, but then there will be a knock on the door from hmrc. Back taxes, fines, and interest will all have to be paid.

carlston49:

david2867:

You are a disguised employee.

As far as hmrc are concerned, the game is up.

You might get away with it for a few years, but then there will be a knock on the door from hmrc. Back taxes, fines, and interest will all have to be paid.

Is there enough info to be so sure?
If the “services” are just driving a lorry as instructed then you’re probably correct: he is an employee of more than one employer.
IF the “services” are more involved then, possibly not.

And saying “services” rather than “driving” won’t get very far with HMRC. [emoji3]

You just dont mess with HMRC, anyone trying to find away around this situation will find it might come back to bite them big time in the future, its just not worth the risk, the game is up.

david2867:

As well as the other good advice that you’ve received in this topic, there are a few ‘tests’ that will be applied to see whether you’re genuinely self-employed…

You need to have a number of different clients (several)
You need to be supplying kit/tools for the job.

I’d advise you to ask an accountant, because everybody’s circumstances are a bit different, especially when it come to serious stuff like HMRC.

There are very few genuinely self-employed truck drivers, most of the genuine ones own their own truck(s) so please tread carefully, otherwise it might come back to bite you later.

dieseldave:

david2867:

As well as the other good advice that you’ve received in this topic, there are a few ‘tests’ that will be applied to see whether you’re genuinely self-employed…
You need to have a number of different clients (several)
You need to be supplying kit/tools for the job.

I’d advise you to ask an accountant, because everybody’s circumstances are a bit different, especially when it come to serious stuff like HMRC.

There are very few genuinely self-employed truck drivers, most of the genuine ones own their own truck(s) so please tread carefully, otherwise it might come back to bite you later.

This is nothing new. It’s been the case since IR35 was implemented a long time ago, it’s just that everyone ignored it as HMRC weren’t enforcing it. My suspicion is that from the HMRC end nothing with change and they still won’t be enforcing it, my reasoning being that HMRC have effectively passed the enforcement stick to the agencies the beat the drivers with as it is agencies that 95% of temporary drivers will be sourcing their work from. The remaining 5% who source their own work directly with clients as s/e will be ignored, though I must stress this is just my personal opinion.