tacho again

Hi everyone
As a new driver i was stationary on the motorway last week for about 40 minutes do to an accident, i just left tacho on work mode and turned engine off, is this the best thing to do or is it best to put in rest mode and turn engine off.

Many Thanks.

browney4:
Hi everyone
As a new driver i was stationary on the motorway last week for about 40 minutes do to an accident, i just left tacho on work mode and turned engine off, is this the best thing to do or is it best to put in rest mode and turn engine off.

Many Thanks.

Either - your choice

The issue with rest mode is you were not free to dispose of your time and didn’t know when the road would clear to move on again.
I have seen drivers fall asleep on their bunk when waiting to move on after a fatal accident, the road opens again and then stranded in lane two with all the traffic whizzing past and around .

Tarmaceater:
The issue with rest mode is you were not free to dispose of your time and didn’t know when the road would clear to move on again.
I have seen drivers fall asleep on their bunk when waiting to move on after a fatal accident, the road opens again and then stranded in lane two with all the traffic whizzing past and around .

The bed symbol or rest mode is also break mode
Break does not have the requirement to freely dispose of time but simply means time to recoup