Cpc new starter question

Hi all,

I’ve just had some good news as I’ve been offered my first ever Class 2/C driving job! I’m over the moon lol but it’s been a while since I got trained and i just want to check;

I’ve done CPC Modules 2 & 4, and I hold my Driver Qualification Card. I have not done any other CPC training yet.

Am i right in thinking my CPC is good to go and I can start work? Then I must complete 35 hours of training within the next 5 years.

Literally so excited I can’t think straight ! LOL

If you’ve got the blue card and it’s in date
Saddle up cowboy

New pastures

blue estate:
If you’ve got the blue card and it’s in date
Saddle up cowboy

New pastures

Ye- haw !!!

(and thanks for the confirmation!)

Your current DQC will have an expiry date
You need to complete 35 hours before that date to keep the DQC current
You could do some/all now, next year or the whole 35 about a month before the expiry = up to you

The arguments for doing it sooner rather than later is that the remote DCPC option may not be available in future, it’s going to become a bit rarer after mid-April, and lots of places are doing remote for a lot cheaper now than classroom ever would be in the future.

Thanks all for the great tips so far. I’ve now thought of something else to be worried about. I passed my Class C last year in an automatic vehicle. I know in my new job i’ll be driving a C1 vehicle (7.5 ton). I don’t know if the vehicle is automatic or manual. Am I definitely qualified to drive a C1 regardless of which it is?

( I do not have the C1 entitlement grandfathered on my license as I qualified after 1997 - if this is relevent )

Knightman:
Thanks all for the great tips so far. I’ve now thought of something else to be worried about. I passed my Class C last year in an automatic vehicle. I know in my new job i’ll be driving a C1 vehicle (7.5 ton). I don’t know if the vehicle is automatic or manual. Am I definitely qualified to drive a C1 regardless of which it is?

( I do not have the C1 entitlement grandfathered on my license as I qualified after 1997 - if this is relevent )

Got manual car licence :question: = YES
Passed C in auto :question: = YES
You will now have C manual :smiley:

On the classes, your class C covers that and everything in the C category below it, ie C and C1.

If you later got C+E then you’d have C, C1, C+E, C1+E.