Satnav

Hi all,
Passed my test in Feb last year been furloughed from my current job and my weeks notice is going in tomorrow so finally taking the plunge and making use of my lgv2 , got a tidy number lined up that consists of a handful of drops to stores and warehouses and need to get a trucknav sorted any recommendations on a tidy one as I’m sure tech has changed a bit since I last used one a few years ago, thanks in advance

Forgot to mention I also have adr was looking at tomtom 6250 to future proof incase I swap over to. An adr job as it’s supposed to have dangerous goods routing

Can’t go wrong with the 6250, don’t waste your money on the cheap Chinese tat off eBay and Amazon

mr bluecity:
Can’t go wrong with the 6250, don’t waste your money on the cheap Chinese tat off eBay and Amazon

Just got one of them my self ,
Did get a Amazon ching long one first but the graphics were rubbish and no traffic
I had a discount code for Tom Tom and got mine for £280 next day delivered from Holland

New pastures

Been using the 6250 for about 6 months . Really good bit of kit will keep you away from low bridges and the live traffic is brilliant , sometimes takes you a longer route - nothing major maybe 5 mins or so longer . Think it’s because it try’s to take you the main road routes instead down residential streets . Definetly worth the money though imo

Thanks all just bit the bullet and bought a 6250 sim and lifetime updates and traffic,the choice of navs is mental seems like a good buy , bit expensive but tools of the trade generally are,
I’m not too worried about going a slightly longer route if it keeps me out of trouble, just didn’t fancy paying all that cash for one like one of our drivers had a few years ago it would direct you down a load of side streets take you to a dead end and say turn around when possible when it could route you straight round 5 streets ago,wasn’t one offs it was quite a regular occurrence,
not going to use it blindly as I know they can have a hissy fit but reroutes on bridges and restrictions are definitely welcomed

I understand it feels good to be well prepared and wanting to have the best possible equipment to do the job well, but have you considered that the need for a good truck satnav very much depends on what you will be doing and what you will be driving?

What will the height of the vehicle be and would it be relatively easy to reverse out of a situation like coming across a low bridge (which are often signposted miles out btw)?

You could spend x hundred on a satnav and in the eventuality you may end up doing a series of drops as you say, which you end up knowing like the back of your hand after 3 weeks.

For peace of mind a cheapo one or a £50 subscription to a truck navigation app on your phone may suffice while you actually work out if you need a proper brand satnav with all the bells and whistles.

Copilot is good. Simple app you can download on your phone.
I prefer Google Maps though.

I bought a Chinese nav in 2011. Still using it now. It’s absolutely fine - then and now…

It cost me 60 quid. Best money I’ve ever spent. Not the slickest but it has far more info than the Snooper I had previously.

As has been said, you don’t always need a super slick one. I’d use mine anywhere, including London…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I got a Chinese one for 20 pounds has been good so far just plug it in it updates itself.I do have a TomTom 520 professional i got as a birthday present.Its still in the box .