Artic unit weight?

Just out of interest I googled to find out the weight of a unit (called GVW). I got 25T for a Scania 420. ugh so if combination weight is 44T that means the max trailer wight including load is 19T. That’s not right. You all probably think I’m dotty but I’d just like to know what an average unit weighs.

When I have done recycling work the combination (empty tautliner tri-axle trailer) go on the weighbridge and the reading is 15000-15500kg. So what is the weight of unit and typical tautliner trailer weight.

thanks

GVW is not the unladen weight of the unit! It is the maximum weight the (loaded) unit is permitted to exert through its own wheels. Typical unladen weight of a unit might be around 7 or 8 tonnes.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

This may explain why so many artics go over the 18 ton weight limit in Bradford on Avon and get fined a few grand, but there is maximum gross weight, so do they think if they are empty, they are legal to cross the bridge ?
The same thing for the bridge in Bath , regularly see artics going through there too and it’s marked 18 ton .

Roymondo:
GVW is not the unladen weight of the unit! It is the maximum weight the (loaded) unit is permitted to exert through its own wheels. Typical unladen weight of a unit might be around 7 or 8 tonnes.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

many thanks.

So roughly speaking the unit and trailer weigh about the same. That’s all I wanted to know.

Slightly relevant Axle Weight Example - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK