DHL newly qualified Class 2?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if DHL take newly qualified Class 2 drivers? It’s for their new contract with Tesco in Goole and Doncaster

Thank you

I can’t say, but I do know that DHL like to give you both a practical driving assessment and a theory test which is ten times harder than the one the DVSA give you as your Mod 1a, so if you do get a tryout with them, make sure you know your DH & WTD inside out.

Yes DHL do take new passes on at most sites.

Not sure when the takeover of Doncaster and Goole exactly is happening or has happened.

I only found out from here that it was happening. Didn’t hear a thing on the grapevine.

Expect a questionnaire on driver hours regs and road rules, most answers are perfectly easy enough if you have done your homework or done a CPC course or 2.

Being a new pass the road laws aka highway code stuff should still be fresh in your mind in theory.

It varies from site to site what exactly happens at assessments though.

When I did mine with them, some of the questions were like a mini case-study where you had to be able to apply DH/WTD knowledge in a practical way, me and the one other diver that sat our tests together (he had about 25 years industry experience) both agreed it was nails

simcor:

Not sure when the takeover of Doncaster and Goole exactly is happening or has happened.

I only found out from here that it was happening. Didn’t hear a thing on the grapevine.

my dcpc ‘tutor’ :unamused: told me this week there is a new contract with Tesco up North,requiring 500 :open_mouth: drivers! must be this one?

as for the OP’s question…if you do get a start with DHL…make sure you are stocked up with pens…always plenty of paperwork to fill in :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

simcor:

my dcpc ‘tutor’ :unamused: told me this week there is a new contract with Tesco up North,requiring 500 :open_mouth: drivers! must be this one?

Yes it is correct, Doncaster and Goole as suggested I believe. Not a rumour anymore.

simcor:

carryfast-yeti:

simcor:

Yes it is correct, Doncaster and Goole as suggested I believe. Not a rumour anymore.

ok thanks simcor :slight_smile: