Tacho

Hi everyone
As a newby i have another question about the tacho, when you put in the time when you finish your shift or start your shift how accurate do you have to be with times, because some times i forget as i dont finish bang on say 10 o clock or 9.30 it can be something like 9.42 so is it ok to round the time up.

Many thanks.

You should be able to input the exact start and finish times

Some companies (Argos & DHL IME) want you to do things in 15 minute increments, so starting at 06:07 becomes 6:00, 6:25 becomes 6:15 etc

In an ideal world your tacho start/finish times would exactly match those shown on your clock card or timesheet. Sadly the world is far from ideal. As long as the two are approximately equal, no-one will give a flying fig. Of course, if you are paid by what’s recorded on your card you might want to make sure your start and finish times dovetail exactly into 15 minute chunks, otherwise you may end up working for no reward for an hour or so every week…

Ok cheers everyone.

Zac_A:
Some companies (Argos & DHL IME) want you to do things in 15 minute increments, so starting at 06:07 becomes 6:00, 6:25 becomes 6:15 etc

Don’t know where you get the idea a company like DHL would ask you to round up or down your start and finish times. You card goes in and you enter the time you started not got in the truck and do a lead out the following day of your exact finish time. They are very hot on manual entries and expect them to be done correct.

Companies like DHL highly value their OCRS green light status hence why they are ■■■■ about things like manual entries.

That came direct from the Transport Supervisors when I was working at Argos; DHL manage the Argos driving at Darlington.

OCRS is old hat for them; DHL are part of the Earned Recognition scheme and you’re exempt from OCRS when you are part of ER

“You will not be part of the OCRS system if you join DVSA earned recognition. This is because you’ll have audits as part of the scheme and continually report performance information to DVSA instead.”
gov.uk/guidance/use-the-ope … crs-system

Did some work recently for a company I won’t name. Let’s say a shift started at 0700. They didn’t want me to put my tacho card in until 15 minutes before they wanted me driving. That might have been 1400. Essentially, I’ve been at work since early morning but my 15 hour day didn’t start until my card went in to do my vehicle checks. Wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danbabirecki:
Did some work recently for a company I won’t name. Let’s say a shift started at 0700. They didn’t want me to put my tacho card in until 15 minutes before they wanted me driving. That might have been 1400. Essentially, I’ve been at work since early morning but my 15 hour day didn’t start until my card went in to do my vehicle checks. Wrong?

Do you really need to ask?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I know my take on it but that didn’t match up with their take on it. I figure card goes in, walk around checks in 15 minutes blah blah. They have a different take

And assuming you understand that I think that my 15 hours start from the theoretical 0700 then we are are on the same page and if so,I’m still somewhat sane.

danbabirecki:
Wrong?

Did you start getting psid from 7am? If so that’s when you’re day starts and when the crap hits the fan, they have to explain why they paid you say 16 hours when that is clearly illegal.

You just don’t want to be part of that.