Searching for that elusive first class 1 job

I’ve been driving class 2 for the last 2 years. Done my class 1 (not so recently) and I am now looking for a company that takes inexperienced class 1 drivers, around Heathrow.
From what I’ve seen so far, there is plenty of positions around here, but no one will even let you go through an assessment before the 6th month of experience. If someone here would know of any company around Heathrow that takes inexperienced class 1 drivers, please let me know. I’d immensely appreciate the help.

HGV Class 1 Driver
BFA Recycling Ltd - Uxbridge UB9
£780 a week - Full-time, Permanent

We are looking for a HGV Class 1 & 2 driver to join our fleet.

The job would involve collecting and delivering scrap metal.

Vehicle type will vary, we would require you to drive either an arctic bulker tipper, RORO or Skip Lorry.

Experience preferred but not necessary.

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Salary: £780.00 per week

Schedule: Monday to Friday

Job first advertised on indeed.co.uk 20th February, 2021

uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=hgv%20clas … 9fd007210e

find a Co that has Class 2 and Class 1 vehicles,and work your way up…

I have now found a full time class 1 job, and apart from the fact that it is 20 miles away from home. All the other variables were, so far, perfect to me. Shift times, type of work, kit, wage, and so on.
As an update for the new drivers also looking for a class 1 job I would say: persist, insist and never desist.
Thanks for the guys that pointed me to some possibilities. The help was much appreciated!

osark:
I have now found a full time class 1 job, and apart from the fact that it is 20 miles away from home. All the other variables were, so far, perfect to me. Shift times, type of work, kit, wage, and so on.
As an update for the new drivers also looking for a class 1 job I would say: persist, insist and never desist.
Thanks for the guys that pointed me to some possibilities. The help was much appreciated!

Nice one mate good luck! Just out of interest did you apply for the job online or In person dropping off cv’s etc?

RoadRunner92:

osark:

Nice one mate good luck! Just out of interest did you apply for the job online or In person dropping off cv’s etc?

Online only this time. I did try getting the word of mouth going by telling everyone I know in the industry, I was looking for a Class 1 position, but ultimately one of the hundreds of online applications I sent was picked up.
I also had agencies doing a “dirty one”, telling me that an assessment was booked for Class1 just to find out, after I was already on site, that the company was actually expecting me to be assessed and work on Class 2.