Schools starting to open

Hi guys, DVSA are back!
I’ve got my course Class 1 on…28 April.
Yahoo! (Apparently the backlog is H U G E and the backlog for car drivers is even more huge!

Newbie 1:
Hi guys, DVSA are back!
Yahoo! (Apparently the backlog is H U G E and the backlog for car drivers is even more huge!

Thats not a bad time scale considering they only Restart on the 12th April… just out of curiosity, what area are you in?

That’s good news - and the very best of luck with it.

Yes, there is a massive national backlog. But any decent school will have taken the bookings it already had and move them on in order. And then there may well be a substantial waiting list that has grown during lockdown. But it’s not all doom and gloom. Systems will be in place to get through the lists as quickly as possible and normality should return reasonably soon.

That’s the only fair way of dealing with customers.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
normality should return reasonably soon.

:laughing: Gotta love an optimist
Prof Chris Whitty this week: “As things are opening up… at some point we will get a surge in the virus”
bbc.co.uk/news/health-56334902

I got my “come and get your jab” offer this week, the nearest place that will do it is another town ten miles in the opposite direction to the one I have to travel to get to work :unamused: I’m happy to have it but I wasn’t planning on having to make a trip to another town for it.

Zac_A:
Prof Chris Whitty this week: “As things are opening up… at some point we will get a surge in the virus”

It is not the infection rate that is the main concern now - it is whether we get hospital admissions/deaths
We are going to have to live with this virus for years to come but treat it similar to the flu

Zac_A:
I got my “come and get your jab” offer this week,

I am waiting until the last few months of this year to get mine when the new variant booster jab comes along

Pete S:
That’s good news - and the very best of luck with it.

Yes, there is a massive national backlog. But any decent school will have taken the bookings it already had and move them on in order. And then there may well be a substantial waiting list that has grown during lockdown. But it’s not all doom and gloom. Systems will be in place to get through the lists as quickly as possible and normality should return reasonably soon.

That’s the only fair way of dealing with customers.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, Pete, I got hit by two Lockdowns but was still extremely lucky to get this slot and there was 4 hours going spare - as well, so I grabbed it, I need that extra time as I can’t afford to stuff it AND go back into the backlog holding pool. And, what would happen then…?..,another Lockdown.
Well, at least, I’ve had Covid and survived. Yes, you are right, there are systems in place, they have hired a large number of HGV Examiners. There is, I think going to be plenty of work available for them, job for life!

PhilMc:

Newbie 1:
Hi guys, DVSA are back!

Thats not a bad time scale considering they only Restart on the 12th April… just out of curiosity, what area are you in?

Norfolk/East Anglia. And I was dumped twice on two Lockdowns.

Zac_A:

Pete S:
normality should return reasonably soon.

I got my “come and get your jab” offer this week, the nearest place that will do it is another town ten miles in the opposite direction to the one I have to travel to get to work :unamused: I’m happy to have it but I wasn’t planning on having to make a trip to another town for it.

We were the same. Doctors next door (well 5 mins walk, I had to go 10 miles away) but everybody in the town was the same. They were very busy but very well organised and polite.

I keep looking at my phone waiting for that call to come though with a new date, it was a long wait for the start of training then a wait for last day and my test… A long 6 week expected wait for retest and been bloody annoying to have to wait even longer for it, but at least getting an idea of when it will be going ahead now

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk