Tachograph question

Just a quick question regarding my tachograph . Crosshammers in top corner , Is there a limit of time I can have other work before taking a break? Has happened even if I have had a 15 mins hours before . Once or twice it’s counted down from 15 for me ( even if I have 45 mins break still to take ) . My card has no infringements on it .

Df91:
Just a quick question regarding my tachograph . Crosshammers in top corner , Is there a limit of time I can have other work before taking a break?

Strictly speaking there is the 6 hour limit for WTD but that wouldn’t show on your tacho. Are you saying the tacho won’t let itself stay on other work indefinitely? That would be weird because on those rare occasions I’ve left my card in overnight the tacho has been happy to stay on other work for 11 hours or more.

Zac_A:

Df91:
Just a quick question regarding my tachograph . Crosshammers in top corner , Is there a limit of time I can have other work before taking a break?

Strictly speaking there is the 6 hour limit for WTD but that wouldn’t show on your tacho. Are you saying the tacho won’t let itself stay on other work indefinitely? That would be weird because on those rare occasions I’ve left my card in overnight the tacho has been happy to stay on other work for 11 hours or more.

It will stay on other work but if I stop switch off engine it will kick in to the 15 min break even if I still have my 45 mins to take

Some switch to rest, when the ignition is turned off, so it may be that.
The tacho in my unit does calculate working time, and tells me I need a 15 minute break, when approaching 6 hours, even if I am nowhere needing a driving break.

It’s a Stoneridge tacho and is set to switch to rest mode on either key on or or off or both. It can be changed on the Stoneridge tacho with the company card. Ask your firm to get it changed to how you’d like it set when turning the key on an off.