Wannabee a driving examiner?

DVSA are recruiting all over the UK for car examiners. This is the starting point for LGV examiners. Money not great - £26k - and it’s a 24 month contract. I believe the requirement to hold a licence for 3 years doesn’t count for examiners - but make sure.

There is a horrendous shortage of examiners as those who are waiting for tests will confirm.

Steady hours with minimal Saturday working. A Google search will show you the jobs.

But the way it’s going, those contracts will be extended without a doubt.

Just a thought and might appeal to the disenchanted.

Pete S:lol: :laughing:

Is this Peter Smythe by any chance ?

I haven’t been on here since forever but your writing style and good grammar look the same.

Hope you are doing fantastic if it is you.

Is this Peter Smythe by any chance ?

Yes, tis I :smiley: I stepped back in December and Paul from the office has taken responsibility for the company replies.

But I knew I wouldn’t be able to leave it alone - so this is my new account.

Hope you’re well, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

And yes, I am doing fantastic with the exception of a week in hospital last week. But that’s history and tomorrow will be a better day!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good for you, I think you should be thinking about slowing down and taking a break.

You’ve put so much hard work into your business over the decades and it’s probably time that you have more free time for yourself to enjoy the things that you enjoy, like the old Rolls Royce or whatever it was I saw parked up, the last time I was down your way.

Life is for living, you have a fantastic business, now it should all be about you.

I hope you have a fantastic time whatever it is you decide to do, god knows, you deserve it.

Pete S:
DVSA are recruiting all over the UK for car examiners. This is the starting point for LGV examiners. Money not great - £26k - and it’s a 24 month contract. I believe the requirement to hold a licence for 3 years doesn’t count for examiners - but make sure.

There is a horrendous shortage of examiners as those who are waiting for tests will confirm.

Steady hours with minimal Saturday working. A Google search will show you the jobs.

But the way it’s going, those contracts will be extended without a doubt.

Just a thought and might appeal to the disenchanted.

Pete S:lol: :laughing:

Hi Pete.

How does the work compare to say Truck driving?
Can be it quite tedious?
Are they on your back a lot for being too harsh / too lenient?

Pete S:
And yes, I am doing fantastic with the exception of a week in hospital last week. But that’s history and tomorrow will be a better day!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hospital :question: - did you mean to write hospitality which would be a bit naughty as we are in lockdown :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How does the work compare to say Truck driving?
Can be it quite tedious?
Are they on your back a lot for being too harsh / too lenient?

Totally different to truck driving. Sensible hours and regular pay + civil service perks.

Tedious? I think I would find it a bit tedious. But I can find driving tedious as well sometimes.

The senior staff monitor performance to try and ensure consistency. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Hospital :question: - did you mean to write hospitality which would be a bit naughty as we are in lockdown :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trust me ROG, I know the difference! And it was definitely hospital! But pretty well sorted now, thank heavens.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing: