Trailer steps - proper name

Is there a proper name for what I call trailer steps? Supposed to be an HSE requirement at locations when securing loads but often not there. Just be interested to know.

IMG_20210104_094446.jpg

IMG_20210104_094428.jpg

Roller Steps

Mobile Platform Steps

Warehouse Safety Steps

Aeroplane steps :question:

This is legit the first time I have seen these in my life. :laughing:
I just jump up by grabbing a strap. Also sometimes the trailer still has a little ladder on the back unless its been ripped off.

Edit:
Well thats a lil incorrect. I’ve obviously seen steps like this before but never used them. Dont think I’ve seen them used with trailers before either.

ROG:
Aeroplane steps :question:

What this fella said .

adam277:
This is legit the first time I have seen these in my life. :laughing:
I just jump up by grabbing a strap. Also sometimes the trailer still has a little ladder on the back unless its been ripped off.

Edit:
Well thats a lil incorrect. I’ve obviously seen steps like this before but never used them. Dont think I’ve seen them used with trailers before either.

As I said they are an HSE requirement. As you have said one does not see them at certain yards and you shouldn’t go there. But due to the joys of driving - you’d get the sack.

Many thanks for to those that commented.

These are a supposed safety item!
Teetering about on those things in a dark windy yard, swinging a broom handle at an errant strap, was the most dangerous part of the shift on the rare times I have been forced to use them by site rules

A regular job I did out of Glenrothes was dropping an empty Stand Trailer and taking a loaded one back to France.

The loaded trailer was full to within an inch of its life but the curtains were not zipped up and we had to strap it up before shunting them round.

A set of these steps was necessary to feed the straps over the jigsaw of wooden cases. I used a roof pole to poke the straps through the small space below the roof fabric. At the other end we dropped it off, took the straps off and left the curtains unfastened,