Been offered a class 2 job but less money, unsure?

Hi , I currently work for a small company delivering pallets 100 mile radius of Northants, I started with these in Sept 2020 and they have offered me a FTE position paying £30k no OT or bonus. Its Monday to Friday and I start at 6am with some routes starting at 4am. I normally work about 55 hrs a week but busier time i have working 60 hrs.
I have been offered a position at a local company but the basic is a lot less. They do also offer other incentives like attendance, ot @1.1 of basic p/h and 5% of lorry earning per week. So potentially the wages are the same for the same 50 or so hrs I currently work. For the first 4 weeks the money will be basic plus OT then they start paying the extra’s?

Currently a 12t vehicle with no room and new company have 26t, driven this size twice. The end result is class 1 at some point.

Financially i need to a min take home of £400 a week as i’m playing catch up after being ot of work for 4 months last year and then agency work after that.

Whats people’s thought.

You haven’t given any reasons why you’d want to move, so I’d say stay where you are unless there’s a solid reason not to.

As previous poster said what’s the reason you want to leave ? Is it wanting your class 1 licence and the company willing to pay and put you through it making you want to go for it ?

That job sounds alright to me mate, I think I’d stay where I was unless there’s something really stressing you out.

Semigloss:
That job sounds alright to me mate, I think I’d stay where I was unless there’s something really stressing you out.

Same, sometimes everything will not be as it seems, grass not greener etc. Seems to me the only thing wrong where you are now is that it is salary, but 30k for class 2 is a good salary i reckon, i would stay put for now, what with the current situation with the pandemic you could be shooting yourself in the foot.

You don’t need to have done class 2 work to be able to get class 1 work, so that’s not a reason to make the jump. Also, if class 1 is the goal and you’re on more money now then saving for class 1 would surely be easier I your current job. All things considered, probably best off staying put until you can do your class 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Whilst the salary where you are isn’t fantastic its decent enough and its guaranteed money in the bank, where the other lot it will vary somewhat, so your budgetting will be more secure where you are.

I too would be inclined to stay, there are one or two own account jobs still kicking about and it’s getting your foot in the door at one of those i’d be aiming for(staying put also makes your CV look better than the multi job swappers who proliferate on this forum), salary might only be a few grand more than where you are now but in most own account operations the number of total hours you work will normally be early 40’s not 55+.

Just a quick update, I have decided to stay where I am. Even though there is no extra pay I know the job and tend to have 1 of 3 routes on a weekly basis so not too boring as well.

Cheers for the advise.