In-truck training has come to a halt`

I tweeted today to Boris Johnson and Minister of Transport about training. Don’t know about you but I think it is essential that it should be allowed again, all things considered. As far as I know, you cannot do any training at the moment except for online CPC etc.

Your thoughts?

Sophia

snapacc.com/blog/0086-The-U … &confirm=1

My thoughts are straightforward. If another 10 or 20 thousands folks thought the same as you, then there may be some movement. But I have serious doubts as the health and safety issues are huge - no matter how well you try to mitigate them.

Although the lockdown is, without a doubt, a nuisance (understatement), it’s necessary so we need to put up with it. For me, I’d rather work in an environment that is safe for everyone concerned.

A tip: for anyone thinking about training after the lockdown, get registered with a good trainer asap. You’ll be put in a queue as no-one can give dates with confidence. But those who wait till after lockdown will inevitably join the back of the queue. And if that’s not very long, ask why?

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
My thoughts are straightforward. If another 10 or 20 thousands folks thought the same as you, then there may be some movement. But I have serious doubts as the health and safety issues are huge - no matter how well you try to mitigate them.

Although the lockdown is, without a doubt, a nuisance (understatement), it’s necessary so we need to put up with it. For me, I’d rather work in an environment that is safe for everyone concerned.

A tip: for anyone thinking about training after the lockdown, get registered with a good trainer asap. You’ll be put in a queue as no-one can give dates with confidence. But those who wait till after lockdown will inevitably join the back of the queue. And if that’s not very long, ask why?

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete

With windows open and masks, I wonder if trainers would feel comfortable undertaking the training. You have to wonder what the health and safety implications are if training lapses, let’s say, for forklift drivers. Initially not worrying but if this continues it could become an issue.

Good tip about the training registration!

Sophia

sophiaincornwall:
With windows open and masks, I wonder if trainers would feel comfortable undertaking the training.

Windows down in this weather? Everyone would be frozen and soaking wet in 5 minutes, or covered in snow going by recent weather.

Trouble is, even if you complete the training, there’s still the exam bit which isn’t going to happen.

As for forklifts - they are actually trained!? :wink:

trevHCS:

sophiaincornwall:
With windows open and masks, I wonder if trainers would feel comfortable undertaking the training.

Windows down in this weather? Everyone would be frozen and soaking wet in 5 minutes, or covered in snow going by recent weather.

Trouble is, even if you complete the training, there’s still the exam bit which isn’t going to happen.

As for forklifts - they are actually trained!? :wink:

True. Looking out the window…surrounded by snow!

Lol about the forklifters :slight_smile:

Many trainers would mask-up and take the risk, the stumbling block is (as always) the DVSA, they don’t care about a backlog of trainees and IME if they can legitimately duck out of running tests, they jump at the chance.

Some of you may already be aware of this, there’s a situation now where Training Providers can get the authorization to run ADR online, but… DVSA will not give the green light to run exams in the classroom (SQA staunchly refuse to allow online exams).

Meanwhile (don’t know if this has been posted already) DVLA are adding to the list of problems with sloppy Covid security
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55785912