Class 2 Parcels

Anyone know what class 2 parcel work is like? I.e. running parcels from a depot out to couriers? Just wondering if it’s physical work, pallets, cages etc? Don’t mind physical work but at my age 55 realistically I can’t handle killer amounts!

It sounds like you will empty your load on to another vehicle and not carry out deliveries but if you are delivering, expect about 200 drops pre Christmas period after that on average when it settles down would be about 60 per day plus your collections.
And the hand held computer gizmo to master as proof of delivery and tracking the parcel.

Tarmaceater:
It sounds like you will empty your load on to another vehicle and not carry out deliveries but if you are delivering, expect about 200 drops pre Christmas period after that on average when it settles down would be about 60 per day plus your collections.
And the hand held computer gizmo to master as proof of delivery and tracking the parcel.

I take my hat off to you if you can do 200 deliveries in a day in a class 2 truck!

Hi, I work for Hermes as a class 2 driver, I work permanent nights doing 3/4 drops per shift to empty unmanned sub depos, it’s ok, back onto a bay load your truck with a pump truck go to the sub and use the tail lift to unload, easy