New to container work

I’ve started working for a company on container work. And even though I did mention that I had no experience with container work. They’ve gave me the chance (agency work)

Just after some advice on the position of the box on trailers.

Been lucky so far that I’ve not had to collect from the dock. Pre loaded from the yard an only had to have it taken off once empty.

I’ve noticed the button for the pin for the pin locks. But noticed there’s holes for the pins close together.

So any advice would be good.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As you may pick up different size containers you will need to know where to place the container & may have to slide the trailer if you have a 20 ft box on also adjust for 45 ft containers

But always check the twist locks are secure even if you collect from yard

If going to docks don’t be afraid to say that it your 1st time they will normally help but if you do see another driver you could always ask then but all dock are different

You have already had 1 box taken off it much the same but opposite

Thanks for the reply.
Slowly getting the hang of it.
I looked over the chart on the trailer and got the hang of it from there. Asked another driver in the docks to.
Pretty simple once got the hang of it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi, i have been offered some container work also through an agency , being my first job in an artic i was wondering how you are finding it ?

Container work is very easy but remember Twist Locks if going to dock find out there rules on loading / unloading the box on as all slightly different
Arrive at drop open doors back on wait this can take some time on occasions you may be asked to help but you should be paid extra for that unless already included in wages
Don’t be afraid to ask & alway check your Twist Locks

animal:
Container work is very easy but remember Twist Locks if going to dock find out there rules on loading / unloading the box on as all slightly different
Arrive at drop open doors back on wait this can take some time on occasions you may be asked to help but you should be paid extra for that unless already included in wages
Don’t be afraid to ask & alway check your Twist Locks

‘‘Sorry mate, cant help you unload i have to start a rest period, crack on and give me a knock when your done.’’