A strange question.....?

Looking at doing my c+e in the next 6 months. At same time I’m saving up for a tourer caravan. I passed my driving test after rule changes so need to take a separate trailer test to allow me to pull a caravan. But… with a c+e license can I legally pull a caravan with a car without taking another test? I’ve searched high and low on the internet and can’t find a straight answer.

Depending on the car and caravan size you can tow already.
No need for a further test regardless of caravan weight when you get C+E…

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

enzo:
Looking at doing my c+e in the next 6 months. At same time I’m saving up for a tourer caravan. I passed my driving test after rule changes so need to take a separate trailer test to allow me to pull a caravan. But… with a c+e license can I legally pull a caravan with a car without taking another test? I’ve searched high and low on the internet and can’t find a straight answer.

Getting CE also gives you C1E + BE
The BE is valid for as long as you have a valid B

You can tow a caravan under B rules providing the GVW of the vehicle and the MTPLM of the caravan do not total more than 3500 kgs

Example
Car GVW 2100
Caravan MTPLM 1400
Legal on B licence

ROG:

enzo:

Getting CE also gives you C1E + BE
The BE is valid for as long as you have a valid B

You can tow a caravan under B rules providing the GVW of the vehicle and the MTPLM of the caravan do not total more than 3500 kgs

Example
Car GVW 2100
Caravan MTPLM 1400
Legal on B licence

As Rog says.

And, as a little bonus, when I was towing a caravan, the van insurers gave me a discount as I have a C+E licence!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Some advise please…I have received my class 2 provisional but I now have decided to do my class 1 instead and I would like to know if I have to resend the D2 form to the DVLA to notify them of the change?.. Any advice would be most appreciated.Many thanks.Neil…

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Canterbury:
Some advise please…I have received my class 2 provisional but I now have decided to do my class 1 instead and I would like to know if I have to resend the D2 form to the DVLA to notify them of the change?.. Any advice would be most appreciated.Many thanks.Neil…

You cannot do CE until you have passed C
When you pass C you automatically get CE provisional usually within a few days but can be up to 2 weeks depending on how busy DVLA are at the time

Thanks for the info.Much appreciated

Just wondering if you had a cat D and did C and CE would you automatically get DE or vice versa ? Just wondering?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

spacemanZ10:
Just wondering if you had a cat D and did C and CE would you automatically get DE or vice versa ? Just wondering?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

CE upgrades D to DE
DE does not upgrade C to CE