Newbie looking to do my class 2 and 1

hi guys new guy on the block. Looking to do my class 2 and then my 1 with the view of going into euro work. Been reading the forums and whats is the odds on a new kid on the block been sent into Europe?? I get the whole away for weeks on end something I’m prepared for. Have loads of experience in the logistics sector and have done Europe in vans but different kettle of fish.

Any advice welcome and also any tips for driving instructors in the North West.

hi guys new guy on the block. Looking to do my class 2 and then my 1 with the view of going into euro work. Been reading the forums and whats is the odds on a new kid on the block been sent into Europe?? I get the whole away for weeks on end something I’m prepared for. Have loads of experience in the logistics sector and have done Europe in vans but different kettle of fish.

tbh, unless you know the right people, it’s not likely that you’ll do euro work as a new pass. But never say never!

Not really. But we operate residential courses and you’re welcome. We have two options at the moment, bearing in mind that there are no driving tests currently available and neither is there an indication of when they’ll start.

Option 1. Call and register with us. This will put you in the queue for training. You’ll be contacted in good time before your earliest course is available. At that point, accept the dates, negotiate later dates or decline the offer and your details will be removed from our system. There are no payments involved until you accept dates.

Option 2. Start within a couple of weeks assuming you have a provisional licence. Complete most of your course but hold some time back ( somewhere between 2 and 4 hours would be sensible) to have before your test when it’s available. You do not need to pass your theory tests in order to take this option. But, clearly, they must be passed before you can take your practical test.

As we conduct MOD 4 in house, this is readily available.

Accommodation is now available again completely free of charge to those candidates more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. Folks come to us from, literally, all over UK. So we must be doing something right!

If you want to take up either option, simply call 01623 555661. Or contact me directly by pm.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to TN Rookietruck , with reference to driving in Europe , on the Indeed site , Special Carriers in Dover are looking for a class 2 driver for European runs where you tag along with an experienced driver to show you the ropes , but it would mean relocating once you get your license .
Mclanachan transport in Scotland are after class 1 drivers for European work , based in Scotland and Sealane near Dover need European drivers .
Sealane quotes £700 per week including nights out and bonuses . It’s hard to get experience as everyone has to start somewhere , for that part I blagged it by saying I had driven abroad but I only drove my parents caravan off the ferry in Le Havre France to a campsite a few kms away .

Once the economy picks up again , international removal firms will need porters and drivers , most firms will want you to work in the U.K. before sending you off to Europe alone or find smaller operators that may hand you the keys and say ring when empty in Milan .

Not sure why firms want European experience as once you get a license , it’s valid to drive in Europe , it’s mostly motorway driving so no different than the UK .

Peter Smythe:

tbh, unless you know the right people, it’s not likely that you’ll do euro work as a new pass. But never say never!

Not really. But we operate residential courses and you’re welcome. We have two options at the moment, bearing in mind that there are no driving tests currently available and neither is there an indication of when they’ll start.

Option 1. Call and register with us. This will put you in the queue for training. You’ll be contacted in good time before your earliest course is available. At that point, accept the dates, negotiate later dates or decline the offer and your details will be removed from our system. There are no payments involved until you accept dates.

Option 2. Start within a couple of weeks assuming you have a provisional licence. Complete most of your course but hold some time back ( somewhere between 2 and 4 hours would be sensible) to have before your test when it’s available. You do not need to pass your theory tests in order to take this option. But, clearly, they must be passed before you can take your practical test.

As we conduct MOD 4 in house, this is readily available.

Accommodation is now available again completely free of charge to those candidates more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. Folks come to us from, literally, all over UK. So we must be doing something right!

If you want to take up either option, simply call 01623 555661. Or contact me directly by pm.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Peter I will when I can get round to out. Thank you for the advice.

toby1234abc:
Welcome to TN Rookietruck , with reference to driving in Europe , on the Indeed site , Special Carriers in Dover are looking for a class 2 driver for European runs where you tag along with an experienced driver to show you the ropes , but it would mean relocating once you get your license .
Mclanachan transport in Scotland are after class 1 drivers for European work , based in Scotland and Sealane near Dover need European drivers .
Sealane quotes £700 per week including nights out and bonuses . It’s hard to get experience as everyone has to start somewhere , for that part I blagged it by saying I had driven abroad but I only drove my parents caravan off the ferry in Le Havre France to a campsite a few kms away .

Once the economy picks up again , international removal firms will need porters and drivers , most firms will want you to work in the U.K. before sending you off to Europe alone or find smaller operators that may hand you the keys and say ring when empty in Milan .

Not sure why firms want European experience as once you get a license , it’s valid to drive in Europe , it’s mostly motorway driving so no different than the UK .

Thank you Toby its one of them I’m experienced to a degree but not at class one or two level. Noticing alot saying s&k shortly followed by a torrent of abuse and the same on most firms. But it doesn’t bother me who as long as I can do what I want and drive across the continent.

You would have the advantage at the interview stage for a European job because of the van driving experience , you would be chosen over the guy who has never driven in Europe , if I had an international haulage business , I would chose you , regardless of the size of vehicle or license type .

toby1234abc:
You would have the advantage at the interview stage for a European job because of the van driving experience , you would be chosen over the guy who has never driven in Europe , if I had an international haulage business , I would chose you , regardless of the size of vehicle or license type .

Thats always a good thing. Thanks Toby. Always nice to hear that sort of thing. Just reading some of the threads and been watching some blogs and stuff swung me back towards it but going into the heavy stuff.

I met a guy who was 25/26 a few months back. He had been all over Europe since he got his licence… so like many things in life - it’s who you know or meet. You have to start somewhere and with door knocking you’d be in with a chance.