Royal mail driving assessment class 1

Any body done a class 1 driving assessment at royal mail what do they ask you to do all comments appreciated ,

Hi

Did an assessment around 3 years ago and doubt much has changed.

Pretty standard stuff and similar to test…Uncouple and couple trailer, park on bay (use all the space) and as I did mine at East Midlands they took me around the country roads and gave me some right tight left and right turns where I actually had to get off my seat to check.

I think if they are happy with you then they will go through the double decker controls and a tail lift on a rigid which also acts as an induction ready for the agency to give you the next shift.

Good Luck.

Standard stuff, couple/uncouple and drive. Take extra time on walk around checks, take it steady, don’t rush. Where you doing it?

Class1postie:
Standard stuff, couple/uncouple and drive. Take extra time on walk around checks, take it steady, don’t rush. Where you doing it?

will be swindon or bristol

I did a royal mail assessment in November last year, couple up, walk around checks, drive around yard, back onto the loading dock, then a short drive on the road, back to the depot and park in the bay, and uncouple.
A friend of mine did one this week, in the same depot but with a different assessor, he did couple up and walk around checks a reverse on to the loading dock three times, three different bays, then uncoupled, didn’t go out on the road due to coronavirus, not allowed to have two people in the cab at the same time, he passed it.

did a RM assessment very recently. you start with a questionnaire of 20 questions and need to get 15 plus to pass, i had to tell the assessor he’d marked some of mine as wrong when they were right, if you don’t get 15 plus right, assessment terminated.
you then have your digicard downloaded, any infringements and the assessment is terminated.
then onto the truck, card in and manual entry with a printout for assessor, any mistakes, assessment terminated
all your daily checks then couple up, back onto a bay then park up and uncouple.
i was told by the assessor “if you’re not super punctual it’s not the job for you”
what put me off was the amount of paperwork and hoops you had to jump through just to get in and through the building and into your allocated truck with your relevant paperwork for your shift, endless forms to sign and fill in.
they’re doing you a favour giving you the privilege to drive for RM. might be your gig but not mine

What’s the pay rate on agency with RM? Wondering how it compares with RM staff.