CPC restart

Happy to let folks know that our cpc courses restart on Monday 29th June for the week.

Odd days available or the whole week. Special Trucknet user rate £68.75 per day fully inclusive. (Normally £80.75)

We’ve rented a local hall so ensure social distancing. Every precaution in place to ensure safety.

Simply call Tracey 01623 555661.

Limited spaces so dont miss out!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Do you expect many takers when you can now do them online from the comfort of your house for half that money?

Yes I do. There are plenty of folks who dont like the idea of online training and have been waiting for quality classroom sessions.

I’m not knocking online. Each to their own,

Peter Smythe:
Yes I do. There are plenty of folks who dont like the idea of online training and have been waiting for quality classroom sessions.

I’m not knocking online. Each to their own,

Drivers “waiting for quality classroom sessions” ■■ Are you taking the ■■■■?

Dont tar us all with the same brush!

No, I’m not joking at all.

Have you thought about doing them online? You’d lose your venue cost straight away, which you could pass on to the drivers. I’m confident with your reputation on here your online classes would prove to be a great success. I would certainly do one with you if it were available and I was due to renew mine.

R420:
Have you thought about doing them online? You’d lose your venue cost straight away, which you could pass on to the drivers. I’m confident with your reputation on here your online classes would prove to be a great success. I would certainly do one with you if it were available and I was due to renew mine.

Thinking about what your saying for a moment. Cpc is only being done on line for now because of the corona virus. It won’t stay as being able to do it online at home in the long run. So people may as well make the most of it in the short term. There may well be people who would rather have face to face interaction albeit at social distancing. There may be people who need to do cpc that don’t have the Internet or are pc literate.

So yes it’s good Pete is offering a service where he can albeit a bit different to normal.

Pete could have chosen to do it online. But he chose not to as he stated in previous posts.

R420:
… Drivers “waiting for quality classroom sessions” ■■ Are you taking the ■■■■?

IMHO It’s well known that there are good and bad offerings of DCPC (and other courses) all over the country.

Classroom DCPC was suspended, the interim concession being that both providers and customers could consider the new availability of online DCPC.

I don’t think it’s yet known whether the online DCPC will continue to be an option, but IF the online DCPC is carried forward after the end of the restrictions, then providers and customers will still have the same free market choice as they do right now.

We as a company have been delivering online Driver CPC since the end of March and it is little short of a revolution. No travelling, no problems with parking and prices that reflect “virtual tuition” has to be a win win for everyone.

I have not heard one negative complaint from any of the drivers attending these courses. In fact just about all prefer the training this way. The last 100, 5 star reviews we have received relate to this new method of training.

I think it is a resounding success. The recent Driver CPC consultation mentioned completing some tuition online…so it was being muted a while back.

Covid has simply brought this forward. The technology and connectivity is there and drivers certainly seem to prefer this way. Who knows what the DVSA will do post 12th June. My gut feeling is online tuition will continue, with the option of also completing it in the classroom.

With online dcpc do you still have to do the whole 7hrs in one sitting or can you log on and off and do it over 3 x 2.5 he sessions?
Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

You can do 2*3.5 the sessions.

I think they need to be done on consecutive days.

Spaces are going. To book, simply call 01623 555661.

Thanks, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Dont tar us all with the same brush!

No, I’m not joking at all.

Pete, don’t tar all the online ones with the same brush either.

Having had experience of your own, a company in house, and both a class room and online course from the same provider, I can say that the one that was the worst was the in house. Both yourself and the other provider were equally as good, albeit that the other provider was cheaper both in classroom and online.

Personally, I hope online stays, it was a much better experience an was definitely no less of a learning. And I did do the same course both in classroom and online (did classroom first and online was what was available on the day I was free) and I felt the same level of instruction was given, although the online instructor came across better (but you get that where ever you go)

Pete, don’t tar all the online ones with the same brush either.

Wasn’t aware that I had! In fact, quite the opposite

I’m not knocking online.

spacemanZ10:
With online dcpc do you still have to do the whole 7hrs in one sitting or can you log on and off and do it over 3 x 2.5 he sessions?
Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

You will have exactly the same rules for online as for classroom in that the module your taking part in is either a 7hr, OR 2 x 3.5 hr offering.

In the way that I think you asked your question, you cannot log out of a 7hr online session after 3.5hrs and then do another 3.5hrs of a different 7hr course the next day in the same way that you couldn’t do that when you’re on a 7hr classroom DCPC course.

I was speaking with a trainer last week and his offering was 8.30 - 1200 then 1700 - 2030. I would imagine that would be popular with family men who can then spend the afternoon with offspring.

But that particular trainer has given it up as a bad job because of cut pricing. Pity, cos he would have been a good one.