Lapsed license.

Morning first time poster.
I got my HGV class 1 around 1990, my dad used to have a wagon and used to help him out .
Sadly he passed away and I went down another route for employment.
I haven’t driven for about 20 years and am now thinking about getting my licence back up and running.
I’m 56 and need to get my HGV medical done .
So , is it a matter of once my medical is passed I need to sit cpc lessons and what cpc qualifications will i need to get behind the wheel again?
( I’ve just been furloughed and not really sure of the chances of my current job surviving)
Thanks

Just need the 35 hours of dcpc then you’re good to go, as far as I can see. Industry’s changed a lot since the 90’s tho m8…[emoji53]
Good luck pal…[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Need D4 medical - I THINK it is not being done during this crisis from what has been posted on here …
Can do the 35 hours dcpc online during this crisis for about £250
Can apply now for digicard

I THINK that info above is correct so open to it being corrected

We are hoping to have medicals running very soon. Awaiting confirmation from doctor. Our facilities allow for plenty of social distancing and, if the medicals take place, strict rules will be in place to protect everybody concerned.

As a date becomes available, I’ll let it be known. Important that wannabes are able to make a start asap.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What was the final outcome on Doctors on Wheels. The Website is still up and running but the Gov.UK site says they will not accept D4 medicals from them.

doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

Some doctors will be able to fill in both the vision and medical assessment sections of the report. If your doctor is unable to fully answer all the questions on the vision assessment, you must have it filled in by an optician or optometrist.

As of 20 June 2019, DVLA no longer accepts medical applications (D4) completed by Doctors on Wheels Ltd.

Thanks gents ,really appreciate the help.
Where can I find a link to the online course I require?
Thanks again .

Not sure where you’re about in the country you’re based but I’ve managed to arrange a medical at a private clinic in Carlisle for next week, so some places are still offering them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk