Cancelled Test - Gutted

Skids78:
Hello all.

As a result of my class 2 being cancelled two weeks ago, it seems that I will have a long wait until I can finally hit the road.

I packed in a construction managers job due to the environment of an office and decided that I would follow in the footsteps of my arl fella, but on reflection I was a little hasty as I am knackered now.

My test was cancelled with 24 hours notice, in which the test centre was not advised to officially close, which got my back up a bit. Problem is that I had a nice little job waiting for me when I eventually passed my class 1.

I respect peoples opinion over this lockdown, but from a personal point of view find it a massive overreaction hence my frustrations, and I was looking forward to hitting the road and getting my backside off the couch after a month of doing nothing.

I appreciate that I am new to the forums, yet I would be grateful if someone could kindly shed some light on the forthcoming test situation, but I suspect that many of you are in the dark as much as myself.

I’ve been on the phone waiting for hours to the DVsa with no response as I wanted to discuss a priority test booking and reimbursement of lesson fees which i will potentially have to pay for before undergoing my test (whenever that may be)

Why aren’t all potential drivers deemed as key suppliers?

Any thoughts or suspicions when they will undertake tests again?

Anyway, thanks for the time and thanks for the advice if anyone kindly replied.

You’re not the only one frustrated by this, my C+E should have been last week, at least it got cancelled before my training started.

In the grand scheme of things though, it’s understandable as there is no distance between yourself and the examiner or trainer. We just need to be a little bit patient, things will start to improve soon (Hopefully anyway!)