reverseing

high all just a quick one
i have just pass my hgv 1 a month go but im driving wag and drag sometimes i can reverse onto the bay first time or it takes four times
will this get better thanks paul

You’ll never get it 100% right first time every time - but the more you practice the easier it will become. Just don’t sweat it - the only person bothered by how long it takes is you…

It comes to everyone eventully. Some in 1 week, some in 1 month, some in 6 months. Gets easier with time/practise.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And then you’ll have the day where you cant get it to go any where near to where you want. Happens to us all.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

As with everything in life, it gets easier with practice.
The more you do something, the easier it gets.

thanks for the replys :sunglasses:

Ive done it hundreds of times now and only this morning I had my favourite scenario where Ive backed onto the bay but not central. I needed to move over 6 inches and everytime I pulled out and back again, I finished exactly where I started. Sooooo annoying.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DarrenaMorris:
Ive done it hundreds of times now and only this morning I had my favourite scenario where Ive backed onto the bay but not central. I needed to move over 6 inches and everytime I pulled out and back again, I finished exactly where I started. Sooooo annoying.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Same with me. I try and correct and find I go too far. I avoid reversing straight if at all possible. I stick to a curve even if it is a slight curve and have my head out of the window throughout the manoeuvre.

I find reversing is much easier with the curve. I think all is much easier with the approach ‘driving backwards’ not reversing. One continual movement - creeping all the way… OP I would say that is why you have had problems because with drawbar it is much easier than with an artic.