Unspent conviction and documentation for Class 2 licence

pminsuffolk:
This is my first post and apologies if it may be a bit long, but I am after some information and I hope the experience and knowledge on here might be able to answer my questions. I have a bit of a dilemma and have searched the forum for information and although finding similar references to my situation, none actually give me the info I am looking for.

I’ll explain my situation. I have an unspent conviction (and will never be spent) which does not involve motoring offences. I am currently in a minimum wage job and have been with my current employer about 18 months. When I was interviewed for the job I was not asked if I had any convictions (on the application form or during interview), therefore I did not disclose this information. I have settled well into my job and have had no problems.

The company has Class 1 and Class 2 trucks and they are always looking for new drivers and they are willing to subsidise a person to take a Class 2 driving course with test at the end of it. I think the training is done by a third party, not the company. This interests me as I would like the opportunity to try my hand at driving as a new career. Obviously the company will do all the relevant paperwork etc. but I would like to know the following before I decide whether to go ahead with the application:

1. What sort of forms will I need to fill in before taking the driving course (also the CPC card), in other words will it ask me on those documents if I have a criminal record?

2. If I take the course and get my licence will there be further checks required regarding my insurance (bearing in mind I had to disclose my conviction to get my motor insurance).

Obviously I may need to provide some more information in this post, I do not want to jeopardise my employment with the company so I would appreciate any comments.

askthe.police.uk/Content/Q89.htm

There you go, I assume you received a sentence if the conviction is never going to be spent and a serious conviction at that, chill, if the employer had not asked for any previous convictions do not stress.

They would of had to clearly state, do you have any spent or unspent convictions on an application, i would suggest they did not pose that question so it is all good.