Bit lost about CPC

Sorry for dumb question, I’ve a head cold at the moment and not functioning well!

I’ve just passed Class 2/C and I’m unsure what else I need to do in terms of CPC before I can apply for jobs using it.

Do i need to go and do 35 hours of CPC right now in one painful expensive lump? Or just do 7 hours a year for the next 5 years?

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

If you’ve just passed Class 2 all you need is the 4 modules for your initial CPC which lasts for 5 years. By the end of the 5 years you will have needed to complete 35h of CPC. Now some folk do it in one lump in year 5 but others decide to do one a year up to year 5 at which point you will be issued with your next CPC card

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
If you’ve just passed Class 2 all you need is the 4 modules for your initial CPC which lasts for 5 years. By the end of the 5 years you will have needed to complete 35h of CPC. Now some folk do it in one lump in year 5 but others decide to do one a year up to year 5 at which point you will be issued with your next CPC card

If he has a pre 97 car licence then that is not the case

ROG:

stuwozere1:

If he has a pre 97 car licence then that is not the case

Whys that? I thought everyone needed CPC?

After all he’s had to pass his class 2

Pre 97 car licence means a choice - 35 hours or mods 2 + 4
After 97 means must be mods 2 + 4

I never knew that, although why would you sit 35h vs mod 2 and 4? Sounds like a no brainer to me

I got my car license after 97

Knightman:
I got my car license after 97

You need to do MODs 2 and 4.

I’m a bit surprised your trainer never told you about this :frowning:

edit: I see from your other posts that you already seem to know about MODs 2 and 4 so could you clarify as whether or not you’ve done them ?

If you’ve done MODs 2 and 4 you should already have a DQC, if you have you’re good to go.

Sent from my mobile.

If you have passed mod 4 then your first DQC lasts for 5 years
During the first five years you need to complete 35 hours of cpc training/attendance to cover you for the following 5 years and so on …

When you get the 35 hours during the 5 years is up to you

If you’ve done MODs 2 and 4 you should already have a DQC, if you have you’re good to go.

DQC wont be issued until there’s a licence to “hang it on” ie C in this case. So, as the OP has posted that he’s only just passed, he may well not have the entitlement added yet in which case the DQC wont be triggered.

The easiest way of sorting this is via the OP’s trainer I would have thought. They will know the whole situation and should be able to answer the question without having to guess at bits of the jig saw puzzle.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Your current situation hinges on modules 2 and 4 and you haven’t advised us of these passes, so we don’t know.

If you have done modules 2 and 4 and passed them okay, then you could literally do nothing for five years and your CPC qualification would be valid for all that time. However, if you want the card to be renewed in five years time, you would need to have 35 hours completed before the expiry date.

Thanks all for the help so far, had a chance today to gather my thoughts, so here’s where i stand;

Date i passed my car test was 20 Aug 98

I have passed;

LGV Theory Test
LGV Hazard Perception
LGV CPC Case Study
Class 2/C Rigid

So do I need to do anything more right now to be qualified enough to start applying for Class 2/C jobs?

And as a side question - I should get my own digital tacho card as well asap?

Knightman:
Thanks all for the help so far, had a chance today to gather my thoughts, so here’s where i stand;

Date i passed my car test was 20 Aug 98

I have passed;

LGV Theory Test
LGV Hazard Perception
LGV CPC Case Study
Class 2/C Rigid

So do I need to do anything more right now to be qualified enough to start applying for Class 2/C jobs?

And as a side question - I should get my own digital tacho card as well asap?

You can get digicard with just a car licence so get one ASAP

You need to pass mod 4 LGV CPC practical test to get your first 5 year DQC

You would think that the driver training company would be asking you about this because the CPC practical test requires you to go to the test centre with a truck. Seems like a poor show.