New class1 driver aw Jenkinsons

Looking for some advice from experienced drivers. I’ve six months experience doing class2 milk collection and recently passed class1. Not driven class1 yet . I’m tempted to apply for a job at AW Jenkinsons but don’t want to make an arse of myself. Should I hang back and get class 1 experience with the milk tankers or should I just apply to Jenkinsons?

Semigloss:
Looking for some advice from experienced drivers. I’ve six months experience doing class2 milk collection and recently passed class1. Not driven class1 yet . I’m tempted to apply for a job at AW Jenkinsons but don’t want to make an arse of myself. Should I hang back and get class 1 experience with the milk tankers or should I just apply to Jenkinsons?

Can you get class 1 on the milk and how soon?

Whether you make an arse of yourself with a milk tanker behind you or a walking floor doesn’t matter, we all do because you are new. Just don’t make too big an arse.

If you can get 3 to 6 months on the milk tankers I’d do that and then look to change if you still want.

Jenkinsons go to the same yards I do, a lot of them a very tight. But you’ll get the hang of it. Getting on and off some of the weighbridges can be an utter nightmare but again you’ll get used to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies gents. Sounds like I should get a couple of months experience before diving in.

Seen enough walking floor and other high sided bulkers turned over, they all share one thing (apart from often flying about), when that motor is full, or even overfull with the load pushing the sheet or net up, the centre of gravity is higher than on virtually every other wagon on the road.

I’d get some feel for artics generally before taking the plunge myself.
Isn’t the artic milk tankers a decent job in itself?