Tachograph questions from a complete rookie

SevenEight:

I know it’s mandatory to take a 45 minute break after 4.5 hours of driving (which could be split to a 30 minute break and then another 15) but you can’t do more than 6 hours of work with no break. What would be the simplest way to know when to take a break so I don’t break the rules when I’m doing multidrop so that’s driving mixed with “other work” it’s not just driving.

“30 minute break and then another 15” NO - must be 15 and then a 30 (remember to add a minute so it’s really a 16 and 31… and a 45 is a 46).

I started with multidrop and still find the easiest thing to do is think of breaks in terms of 3 hour intervals (working time break). So if you start at 0600, your first 15 is before 0900 and your next 15 is before 1200. If before 1200 your driving time is getting close to 4 hours then take a 30. Depends on the drops BUT I always found that doing 15, 30, 15, 30 has always kept me in the clear. Except with a long distance run when obviously driving time ‘overides’ working time (max 6 hours). With multidrop most drops will end up being a working break but that’s how it is.