Newbie dcpc question

Hi

Just a quick one, i passed my psv in 2001 and did periodic dcpc which expired in 2018.
Ive recently passed my hgv 2 test and have my mod 4 booked for Wednesday.
If i pass the mod 4, will that give me, my psv dcpc back, or will i have to do my 35hrs toget that back?

Thanks very much for your time Paul

Hi Paul, your Mod 4 will give you your CPC valid for 5 years. You then would have to complete 35hrs over the next 5 years to qualify for the next 5 years.
Hope it makes sense.
Frank

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I believe your new CPC qualification will just be for trucks.

When it comes to getting modules done for ongoing CPC, make sure they count for both and eventually the stars will align and you would get both. At least that is my understanding of it anyway.

If you are an acquired rights C1 (car test pre 1997), you perhaps could have opted for ongoing rather than initial CPC.

Paulvw:
Hi

Just a quick one, i passed my psv in 2001 and did periodic dcpc which expired in 2018.
If i pass the mod 4, will that give me, my psv dcpc back, or will i have to do my 35hrs toget that back?

35 to get PCV back on the DQC

Paulvw:
Hi

Hi Paul, Noremac is spot on.

1st hgv module 4 only covers you for hgv only.
Any additional 35 hours you do after will update both hgv and pcv.