Turners training

Minic:
I enquired with Turners about this a few months back for their depot in Lincolnshire. I’ve detailed below the key points from their email to me.

For your probation period they employ you as a van driver/yard shunter then after 3 to 6 month probation they put you forward for your cat C (Class 2). Before you do this you have to pay a £400 contribution towards your training, then the rest is taken over 39 weeks from your wages with zero intrest.

For your cat C+E (class 1) they use the apprenticeship grant to pay for it so no repayment required from you.

Before they offer you employment as a van driver/shunter you have to have passed your theory and hazard perception.

Another option is Fowler Welch apprenticeship scheme, from the conversation I had with them yesterday they take you through all your tests within 6 months but until you have your C+E its £220 a week for wages.

Hope this helps you out

Minic

What I found was that would all take so long to get through. Better to use a credit union or some other method. I tried saving for Class 1 for 4 years but never got the cash together (Class 2 jobs are only minimum wage in Lincs… mind you Class 1 is not much more). I cashed a pension at 55 yrs in order to have the funding. Of course with Turners if Polish is your first language that is a great asset… <5% staff are English.