3.5t online delivery driver

cooper1203:
I used to have Tesco deliver to me they always chatted with me if need’s be and were always polite. However first time I had them the driver commented he had been given an extra 3 minutes to explain the paperwork to me as I was a new customer. I have interviewed for the job as well and got the strong impression that you are placed under the cosh and expected to dash about but woe betide you if you damage the van even a scratch because you had to drive past a bush on someone’s drive. You were expected to get out and walk the rest of the way.

As someone said if your in rural Norfolk it might be easier than Norwich say because you can bet your bottom dollar if you want a flat it will be on the top floor with the lift broken and no one to help you carry the stuff.

As to the flexi shifts with Tesco you had to do so many mornings, so many afternoons and so many evenings a week. The only fixed hours contracts were part time which was no good to me as I needed 40+ hours a week. Yes the rotas are worked up in advance and its fine if your foot loose and fancy free but no good if you have other commitments.

I don’t know if you did it at your interview but we did a work trial for 30 mins and I was put with a loader who promptly said that if you were on the morning shifts you had to help finish loading all the vans before you could leave if they weren’t done which seemed to be a common occurrence. What he wouldn’t tell me is if they change the delivery schedule so the time loading was taken into account.

Having said all that it might suit you better its a different store etc etc its just I found the multi drop I did in a 7.5 tonner a lot easier and more relaxed

I do know people who are doing/have done Tesco and it doesn’t sound very organised. I did say at the interview with Sainsburys that the job gets a lot of stick online. The hours apart from 11pm finishes will suit me and have asked for more hours if possible as like today I’ve had to finish gardening early as ■■■■■■■ with rain.
I may do cpc and get some pt 7.5t work as well although having done a bit before cpc days i did prefer vans as they don’t feel like a proper truck.