First day on Artic

Having passed my Class 1 last week on a W+D combination I have the opportunity to take a load out tomorrow with another driver but on an artic. I’m a bit worried if I should reject the offer until I have done a conversion course (having never driven an artic) or just bite the bullet and go?

If you are double manned or the other driver is driving another artic and you are running together then go for it as you have an experienced driver there to assist you

I find artic easier than W&D personally as the tractor unit is more maneuverable. This is my personal opinion as I also know drivers who prefer W&D. Horses for courses [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ROG:
If you are double manned or the other driver is driving another artic and you are running together then go for it as you have an experienced driver there to assist you

Will be double Manning with me Driving the whole journey (hopefully)

CillitBang:

ROG:

Will be double Manning with me Driving the whole journey (hopefully)

100% take it, it’s one of the better 1st shifts being double manned. I’m sure the other driver will give you plenty tips and you’ll be wondering what all the fuss is about after the fact.

Good luck!

If the driver you’re put with is an idiot, you won’t learn much.
If he/she is good, you’ll learn a LOT.
Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

crack on drive and dont look a gift horse in the mouth either.
dont be a snowflake and go for it…by tomorrow itl have been a doddle.
if theres any disasters just remember to post tbe pics on here… :smiley: