Being picky with agencies?

markdoc10:

muckles:
If you are looking for a specific type of work I’d forget the agencies and go and look for a full-time job with a company doing such work.

Ok I can understand not wanting loads of drops, but I’m not sure how you’re going to avoid busy high streets on building site work, I used to do a lot of it, delivering precast concrete and steel beams, much of the work was London or other busy town and cities as well as out of town housing and retail parks, because that’s where they build stuff.

I feel your pain muckles, I drove in and out of London one time and I genuinely don’t know how anyone can work down there the traffic is chaos, be quicker abandoning ship and walking.

I’m in the same boat as OP would be soon a new pass on class 2 but not necessarily after a certain type of work more just after a certain number of shifts. I’d be only looking for 3-4 shifts a week is that possible with agencies or highly unlikely?

Cheers

My experience of driving a truck in London is the thought of it was always worse than the actual job, you just get stuck in and do it, however I’d rather not do it too often far more pleasurable places to drive a truck.