IT vs Trucking

Ok here is my tuppence worth. I know someone who is a consultant lecturer at a uni he also drove lorries. The only reason he gave up driving is what he earnt in a day behind the wheel he could pretty much earn in an hour in front of the blackboard. There was a brief over lap between the two. he happened to be doing supermarket work to the rdc’s so lots of time sitting around waiting to be loaded or tipped. He spent the time doing his lecture notes or marking exam papers or what ever he had to do.

Personaly not wanting to belittle your efforts I would say you would struggle getting a decent wage with just java script. I would say you would need c++ at least. Java script is error prone and full of security holes it is very hard to write a secure app. I think you would be limiting your self to phone apps and the occasional windows app that the general public have no idea about the security issues.

As a suggestion why don’t you give lorry driving a go then if/when you have a job with a lot of waiting involved study c++ or even c then c++. Then if you decide you don’t like it you haven’t wasted your time and if you do like it you have a hobby that has some practical use.

I taught myself c in a couple of months then moved onto an Arduino. while I only use the child’s ide that does 95% of the work for me I have built some circuits for my classic car like lights on alarm and interior light dimmer etc silly things I know but useful for an idiot like me that doesn’t have a buzzer doing its nut when I have left the lights on!

I hope all this is constructive and you don’t feel like I have piddled on your parade
Coop