Recovery tips - Dos and Don'ts - 165s

FuzzButt:
Great advice!! Many thanks for sharing.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks that’s what a forum is for. It was an eye-opener for me working in the business - I loved it but the hours and pay made for a difficult time. One night I had an accident police job and they were a bit excited about an overturned van as it had plants on board… poor plants. I got the van back on all fours on the verge and they were like ‘bees round a ■■■■■■■■■’. I was able to look in the back after saying I was a keen gardener and said “what lovely looking plants - ok if I take a couple of cuttings”. One had to share a sense of humour in the job - I waited then for about 4-5 hours while forensic did their bit for the accident. Trouble is after all is back in the yard one has to have the 9-11 hours rest which means that you do no work the following day. So you got penalised for doing a night job… well with the way that firm practised.

I never bothered with carrying documentation before but certainly do now everywhere I go… just leave nothing to chance. Most depends on the PC concerned and whether tea break is looming close.