HGV training [Merged]

Hi.Im going to take my class 2 and need to go through a broker as it’s expensive.

I’m in the Canterbury area. If you could recommend somewhere,I would appreciate it. Cheers.

Could anyone give me some advice on a good source in the south east. Thanks

======================
Mod’s edit:
I’ve merged your two topics and combined your two OP’s dd.

Where in south east are you ?
No need to go through broker as most larger training firms have their own finance packages in place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

. Hi, I’m looking for hgv class 2 finance packages in Kent.If anyone could recommend,I would appreciate it.? Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Finance is on offer from brokers, but you will pay the earth so I dont recommend.

Your best bet, without a doubt, is to get an interest free credit card and spend it with a reputable trainer.

Out of interest, any Trucknet user always gets 10% off our list prices when quoting their Trucknet user name.

That makes CAT C £1260 with no charge for accommodation.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi,I’m interested in taking your hgv class 2 course and would like to know where you are based in the country please.

Canterbury:
Hi,I’m interested in taking your hgv class 2 course and would like to know where you are based in the country please.

Mansfield north Notts area google.com/maps/place/Peter … 4d-1.28073

You’re on the ball this morning ROG! Thanks.

btw, Happy New Year.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did my class 2 and then 1 in April/may this year with A-Class in Gillingham, very good instructors, would defiantly recommend them. Not sure if they can do it thru finance thou. There are also a couple of independants around Canterbury, I believe they Canterbury test centre is only part time thou.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

We have a finance facility via a third party finance company. Going through a broker will cost you around double the normal cost. They will take your money/sign you up for finance and then send you to a trainer who would have done the job for a fraction of the cost.
Pete :laughing: :laughing:

hi, I was in a similar situation Credit cards etc weren’t an option for various reasons and the bank wouldn’t lend me the money as I was/am an agency worker. I found various we lend to anyone company’s on the internet and they were a lot cheaper than the brokers plus with the loan I got I can pay it back quicker with no extra charge and less interest.
Another point that was said to me is the brokers don’t want you sitting around for 3 months waiting for a slot to come available they want you paying back the money as soon as possible so they use companies that have lots of space on their books one has to wonder why.

hope this helps
coop

Give Elias from Start 2 drive a call, he only goes up to class 2. He is based in Canterbury. He taught me class 2 last year. Brilliant instructor, very knowledgeable and easy going. Much better than the company from Hoo, Medway who I did my class 1 with recently.

His website is start2drive-hgv.co.uk/ and his phone number is on there.

Try Train For HGV. I did class 2 with these and have class 1 booked for when training is allowed again after lockdown

trainforgroup.com/category- … -2-courses. Their office is in Faversham

AyDavey21:
Try Train For HGV. I did class 2 with these and have class 1 booked for when training is allowed again after lockdown

That is a broker, which we all know should be avoided at all costs.

carlston49:

AyDavey21:

Does not look like a broker :exclamation:

ROG:
Does not look like a broker :exclamation:

I think you’re right ROG…false alarm!

carlston49:

AyDavey21:

They defo aren’t a broker. I’ve been to their office and drove one of the trucks myself! They got about 8 trucks and I got Class 1 booked up with them again.